Sunday, August 21, 2016

Topsy Turvy Children's Show

I was so excited to be a part of Creating Arts Company's 'Topsy Turvy' Mini-Musical a few weeks ago!  Basically, things got turned upside down and all the characters were singing different songs while telling a story; so there were Princesses, Superhero's and Villains and it was a blast of a show!

I was playing Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast,' (this was my first time playing her character) and singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."  There were songs from 'Wicked,' The Black-Eyed Peas, 'The Brady Bunch' and more.  I even got serenaded by The Beast as he sang 'Your Song' and whisked me around on the dance floor.  I knew the songs from 'Wicked' but I guess I hadn't listened to them all that closely because as we were singing and harmonizing, I got chills.  All of our voices blended so well together, it was really beautiful.  This cast was stellar!
Right before Show-Time with some of the Princesses, Superhero's and Villains!
After both of our shows that weekend we got to take pictures, give autographs, get hugs and hang out with the kids which is one of my favorite parts.  That's what I missed about doing Children's Shows the most.  The kids are so innocent, smart and the way they look up to us is inspiring to each of us.  I had done our Adult Theater for the past year so this was getting me back in the swing of things with the kids.  It's basically play-time for us!  I was so in love with that dress, I felt like a Princess the instant I put it on.  Although, I may not go the ball-gown route when I'm picking out Wedding dresses in the future ;)
'Beauty & The Beast''
I always look forward to the Children's Shows because it's such a different environment and vibe! Unfortunately, I caught that Summer cold so I wasn't able to do a Princess Party the following weekend but there's always more and I can't wait to do another one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment