Sunday, August 7, 2016

Family in LA! Part 2.

Not only did we have Weddings and Baptism's to celebrate, but our Independence on top of it all!

Since Monday was 4th of July we spent part of the morning by my Aunt Linda's with the kids who were playing in the pool and got to say goodbye to everyone, since people were starting to head back home.  Dad and I did a little grocery shopping later on and decided to BBQ at my place with some Brats, drink some beers, and then watched the fireworks on my rooftop!  Rutherford was such a good little boy the entire weekend.  He was quiet in the Hotel, was so social around all the people and kids, and the fireworks didn't even phase him.  Dad, Bobby, and Melissa were so impressed by all the firework shows we were able to see from my roof, we counted at least 10 different shows.  It's been the way I've watched the fireworks for the last few years!
Dad and I at the Petersen Museum!
For Tuesday I had planned a whole day for Dad and I!  I got us tickets to the Petersen Automotive Museum including the Vault Tour which is a must if you're going to the Museum.  We saw cars that Richard Rollins from 'Fast & Loud' owned, Rita Hayworth's gorgeous classic Cadillac, the first ever cars that were built and how they were improved over the years, and armored cars that Richard Nixon or the Dalai Lama had been in!  There were so many neat cars and I'd see a car and say that was my favorite, and then I'd see something else.  Although a Ferrari has always been my dream car, after doing a Driving Simulator I think I love the new Ford GT.  It's got a similar body shape to a Ferrari but it's just as incredible, more affordable, and definitely easier to get.  Dad really enjoyed the tour too!  I gave us a few hours to spend there but we could have stayed longer if we didn't have Dinner reservations at Mastro's in Beverly Hills to get to before sunset!  I had a table set up for us at the Mastro's Penthouse but Dad and I had a drink at the bar before we sat down for Dinner.  We started with a Wedge Salad, and then got Mashed Potatoes and Snap Peas with our Filet, and they brought Chocolate Cake and their famous house-made Whipped Cream with it!  I ordered a glass of wine with my Steak and was able to blind taste and guess which one it was based on the region; it was a really proud moment for me!  Everything was delicious and it was a really fun day, just being my Dad and I.
Dinner at Mastro's with Dad to celebrate Father's Day and my Birthday :)
I knew that week with everything that was going, plus everyone in town, was going to be crazy but as soon as everything began and family was arriving it all fell into place.  I definitely missed my Mom and wish she could have been there with all of us; I know she would have had a blast and things will never be the same without her here but she is definitely proud of all of us and is smiling down on us and the fact that we all held it together!  We celebrated in honor of her.  Being with family makes it so much harder when they're not around but we're all so much closer that I know it's only a couple months and we'll be seeing each other again!

No comments:

Post a Comment