Saturday, September 8, 2012

Auditions, Headshots, and Wine Tasting

Thursday was quite a busy day for me!  As soon as I was up, I was heading to an Audition in Santa Monica for a Make-Up Campaign.  When I got to the Office, I signed in, and awaited my turn with a few other women.  The Audition consisted of me slating, and then talking about a skin issue I have and just being personable.  They were looking for females that had bad scarring, sunspots, severe redness or dark under-eye circles.  The product was for covering your skin issue with a new kind of make-up.  My 'issue' was a couple chicken pox scars; I know they're not that bad and not very visible but I thought I'd try to see if I would get chosen.  So I said that when I was little and got chicken pox I had scratched the pox on my face when my Mom had told me to scratch the one on my hand.  Of course, when you're 8 years old that's easier said than done, so I have a couple scars on my face that are just annoying, and I hadn't found any kind of make-up that could cover them and hopefully this product would be able to help me.  The Casting Director thanked me and said I was very cheerful and personable and that they would be shooting on the 2nd or 3rd of October.  I thanked them and was on my way home to change and get ready for work at Irish Times.

After getting the bar set-up, it was empty until 3 pm aside from Travis who came to have Lunch and hang out with me!  Thankfully, he kept me company during the down time and after 4 pm the bar ended up getting pretty busy and I had a good day overall.  While Travis and I were hanging out at the bar, he helped me go through some headshots since I'm updating my Acting Profiles.  After getting a few more opinions I'm down to a couple choices.  Let me know what you think :)
Choice 1
Choice 2
Immediately after Bartending on Thursday I went home to quickly change and get ready for Wine Tasting with Amy and the girls in Hermosa Beach.  Everyone was at Fritto Misto having Dinner when I got there and Jamie had some leftover food I got to try: a caprese salad which is my favorite, and a mushroom ravioli that was incredible as well!  The great thing about Fritto Misto is that you can bring your own bottle of wine in and there's a small corking fee but it would be awesome to basically, get to wine taste at Dinner if everyone were to bring a bottle.  Jamie brought a bottle of wine that was Lindsay's Wine, which she had to have me try and it was pretty good.  After Dinner, we went next door to Uncorked, where on the first Thursday of the month they do $15 Wine Tasting of 6 wines.  The place also had an Olive Oil tasting which was really cool.  It's interesting because I never thought of it, but they were so good; there was Jalepeno, Lemon, Garlic & Herb, so that was awesome!  The Wine was ok at the Tasting, nothing that really stood out to me, and I usually like picking from a couple different options but it was something really fun to do with a group of friends where we didn't have to drive to a Vineyard that's an hour away.
Amy, Jamie, Lyndsey, & Kayla at Uncorked in Hermosa Beach for Wine Tasting
So, Thursday was a pretty fun and exciting day, had an Audition, made some money, did some stuff for my career, and got to spend time with my friends having great food and wine!  What a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment