Monday, September 24, 2012

LA Vacation with Mom!

At the end of last week it had been nearly 2 weeks since I was able to blog and let me tell ya, I was going stir-crazy because it's therapeutic for me to get out my feelings, frustrations, and be able to share my excitement, happiness, or sadness with anyone who wants to read and learn a little bit about 'Lyndsey.'  The reason I didn't get a chance to blog or write in my journal (which was also a New Year's resolution) for which I'm still a week behind was because my Mom and I were so busy doing all these fun things when she was out here in Los Angeles!

Our week started on Wednesday when she flew into LAX and I had to work at Karaoke that night, and then Bartend at Irish Times on Thursday.  She loves to come in while I'm working, so on Thursday she actually help me set up the bar, cutting fruit, moving glasses for me, and anything else I would let her do.  For her help we had a little mini-beer tasting and found she likes her usual Coors Light and perhaps a Blue Moon every once in a while.  That didn't stop me from making her an Angel Dust which I used to make her when I was working at Saint's & Sinner's.  I did a new spin on it for later when she came in to watch Thursday Night Football because the Packers were playing.  We also had Dinner there, me ordering my favorite, the Fish & Chips which they make with fresh beer made-to-order, and Mom got the Beef & Guinness Pie which she was very happy with as well.

On Friday we went shopping and got some great stuff and I picked out a few things for my new job.  We got to lay out by the pool for a while, take a walk, and then had an amazing and elegant Dinner with Jamie at Water Grill in Downtown LA.  After Dinner we had a couple of cocktails at Gabe's and sang some Karaoke!  Then on Saturday we sat by the pool again, this time for a couple hours, and I noticed that Mom was getting even more tan than I was!  She'd be going back to Wisconsin looking like she was on a tropical vacation :)  Saturday we went to Church at one of my favorite Churches in LA, St. Charles Borremeo in North Hollywood, which is such a beautiful Church.  Neil, my Mom, and I had Dinner at Miceli's in Studio City where we enjoyed some yummy Italian before Mom and I went to our Roxette Concert at The Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City.
Mom & I <3
Sunday was a perfect day of sunshine, a nice long walk in the neighborhood, chats with Mom, plenty of Football and explaining to her how Fantasy Football works as she sees me yelling at one moment and then excited the next because having Eli Manning as your Fantasy Football Quarterback is like a roller coaster.  We did a little grocery shopping (as she had picked up some things that morning for me) so that I could make a nice Dinner for her and Jamie!  Mom had picked up some Scoops and made a Spicy Cheese Dip and I ended up making Baked Lemon Pepper and Roasted Herb with Thyme Chicken, along with Roasted Asparagus with Olive Oil and Lemon, Garlic Rice with Orzo, and some Garlic Bread.  I even had a signature cocktail for the night: Blood Orange Vodka with some muddled raspberries, Orange Juice, and Sparking Berry Water.  It was very refreshing!  We ended our Girl's Night with a couple games of Scattergories, Pass the Popcorn, and the Movie Game.  What a fun way to end a great week!

Brussel Sprouts with Goat Cheese and Buffalo Style Deviled Eggs
Monday was Mom's last full day in LA and after hearing from someone on the airplane that In & Out was the best, we had to make a stop to get our Double Double's.  But first, Carolyn was working at Freddy Small's and since we weren't able to see her on Mom's last visit, we went in for Happy Hour, had a cocktail, she got a refreshing Vodka Coconut drink, and I ordered a Spicy Tequila one, along with a couple of my favorite appetizers!  Mom and I can both agree that In & Out is good, but doesn't really live up to the hype of it all.  I think we're both more a fan of McDonald's, but can agree that In & Out's meat tasted fresher, because it is.  Then on Tuesday we had our usual coffee down by the airport before dropping her off at LAX.

Mom's time out here always goes by too fast and she'll always ask me the same question before she comes, 'Are you sure that I'm not there for too long, is 6 days too much?'  And I'm always right when I say, 'No, it's not a problem.'  This time those 6 days just flew by and I can't wait for her to come and visit me again real soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment