Saturday, September 1, 2012

More Hair Fare

This Friday I had another Hair Casting in Woodland Hills.  This one was for a Video Shoot that took place over 2 days and was paying really good!  I haven't had a hair-cut since March so at this point, I'm in dire need of one, but keep hoping that I'll book one of these Castings because then they give you a hair-cut by a high-end stylist and they could color or hi-light my hair as well.

Thankfully, these castings are always at just the right time and traffic is fantastic!  I got to the Casting at 9:30 am about 15 minutes early and after signing in, waited till just before 10 am to be ushered into one of the rooms.  There were about 100 girls for this one casting.  Once we all were seated we waited a few more minutes until a Casting Director came in and announced the specifics for the shoot.  They were looking for Caucasian, Hispanic, or Asian women with straight to wavy hair that was shoulder-length or longer.  Right there, about 15 girls were excused from the room; I'm hoping they have their Agents to blame for that one and didn't drive all the way into The Valley to drive right back home.  Then the CD did a walk-through of the room excusing girls that according to him, would be too difficult to work with for this particular shoot; in this case, that meant anyone with over-processed hair, or girls that needed too much work done whether it be color or cuts.  I survived that round and another 20+ girls were out the door.  He did another cut similar to that one after talking to the client and getting a better idea for what he was looking for 20 more girls were excused.  All the red heads were gone which was a huge surprise because usually those are the first girls chosen to be kept or seen!  The Casting Director then had all of us move to one side of the room and he walked by each girl, passing or excusing her, and walked by me, saying gorgeous hair (wow, definitely made me smile), and after that we were down to just over 20 girls.  

At this point he put us into two groups, Virgin Hair and the rest of us.  I've never done anything permanent to my hair, but because I do semi-permanent color on occasion, even though my last time doing that was a year ago, I was still in the other group.  He then asked each of us for our headshots or book (portfolio) and took some time looking through each one.  He joked about my name and being too young to know that I was the Bionic Woman, ah, but I do, and said I had beautiful and healthy hair.  Score...I was apparently having a really good hair day!  I did find it interesting that over half the girls in the room didn't have anything with them, not even a headshot, but had their portfolio's on their iPhone to go through.  Unfortunately, those girls weren't included in the casting so I was now in the Top 12!  After taking our headshots to the client, he came back and announced the 7 girls that were going to stay to meet with the client, and unfortunately today, I was not one of those girls called.  He thanked all of us saying it was nothing personal, we were beautiful girls and that's why we were called in, and he would see all of us again soon.

As I left the Audition I was actually very happy and proud.  I had gotten wonderful compliments on my hair and had also gotten really far in the Audition process, watching exactly how they were running it, which was really interesting.  I had to be happy that out of these over 100 girls at this time, I was in the Top 12.  It just means that something else will come up and I'll get an opportunity the next time.  I don't know why this time I had such a refreshing and happy feeling about it, but I did, and I hope I can continue to bring that to all my auditions in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment