Friday, September 7, 2012

Wednesday Cheer

I love Grocery Shopping and after my work-out today I went out and did my Grocery Shopping for the next couple of weeks.  It's always exciting to see how much money I can save and today I spent $60 and saved almost $30!  My best was saving $48 on $52, but my Mom can sometimes save more than she spends, so I'm always trying to do that!  If I were to set aside the money I saved grocery shopping over the course of a year, I could take a nice little vacation, except when you're saving money at the grocery store, you're not setting it aside, it's just not being spent, so that's probably a better thing in the long run to save it and pull it out to use for a rainy day later.  I'm one of those people that needs to have snacks in the house, healthy and fun, so I always have a carton of ice cream and this trip's flavor was 'Cupcake Party' and indeed it was, along with Triscuit's and Gold Fish, plenty of healthy juice choices, and some things to make a fun dinner and breakfast when my Mom comes to visit next week!
 
Wednesday night was the first night of the Regular Season of Football and I was stoked because my new Fantasy Football Quarterback, Eli Manning, was playing with the Giants against Dallas.  I've already said I'm not a huge fan of his and this first game was not good for him or the Giants, there were a bunch of dropped passes and a missed touchdown which caused Manning to have a low Fantasy score of 12.52.  He was projected to get over 20 points so this was quite a disappointment.  I have to hope that the rest of my team makes up for the lack of scoring by Manning.  It'll be a tense weekend if I don't see some good scores right off the bat on Sunday morning!
 
After watching the Football Game I was Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's.  Recently, the floor was re-done and we just got brand new carpeting so the bar definitely looks more updated!  It was pretty quiet when I got into work but we were able to get started around 10 pm and it ended up being a busy night with a short rotation but everyone being able to sing a lot!  Sean sang a Tonic song I hadn't heard in years, and once Jamie came in, she was singing a couple new songs as well, including a version of 'Smile' by Jimmy Durante.  Khad actually sang 'Won't You Be My Neighbor' which was so much fun!  I finally felt like I had gotten my voice back after a few weeks of laryngitis and allergies trying to slow me down, so I opened with The Eagles 'I Can't Tell You Why' and then sang 'Don't Turn Around' by Ace of Base for Jamie, because I hadn't sang either of those songs in a while.  Since I had worn my old Winona State University Cheerleading Baseball-style shirt, I sang 'Mickey' by Toni Basil as my new song and had the crowd clapping and cheering along.  I even did my first high-kick at Gabe's, taking after Debbie and her dancing.  Debbie actually sang 'Let's Get Physical' by Olivia Newton-John, and had me doing push-ups and jumping jacks for her.  At least I got in a work-out!  I also did 'Black Velvet' which I haven't done in years and was actually a lot of fun.  Sean wanted to sing 'Man or Muppet' with Khad but unfortunately, he's got to find a new Muppet Duet Partner because Khad has retired ;)  Jamie sang a fun Musical song as well, with Sean singing Pearl Jam, and Khad singing a Kate Bush cover to close out the night for me!  I love when it's a night full of my friends singing, it just makes it so much more fun and exciting.
 
Wednesday shaped up to be a pretty productive day, and with an audition, work, and then Wine Tasting tomorrow night, Thursday is surely up for the challenge of matching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment