Friday, September 21, 2012

We Dine!

Every time Mom comes to visit me in LA we try to do a really nice and special Lunch or Dinner.  I took her to Villa Blanca in Beverly Hills a couple years ago which was really elegant, and we had a very fun and exciting Brunch at The Roosevelt with Bottomless Mimosa's last year, and this visit was a Dining Experience at Water Grill with Jamie, our excellent Hostess!

We got seated at Jamie's favorite table at the restaurant, which is in Downtown Los Angeles.  As we sat down we started to peruse the menu and Mom and I got started with an Amaretto Sour and Gin Cocktail with cucumbers and simple syrup which was just delicious.  Jamie had the Champagne chilling and as soon as our Raw Bar was delivered, we were toasting to an adventure of food!  This was also Mom's first time eating Oysters, and she dove right in, putting just a little lemon juice on them and then eating them like a pro!  I like mine with some cocktail sauce, horseradish, and mignonette sauce.  She actually liked them a lot but we all loved the shrimp because they were cooked so perfectly, and the raw scallops had such a great flavor like usual.  Mom got a little nervous when she realized what happened to the oysters before they came to our table so I'm not sure if she'd order them again or not, but I had to remind her that's what happens to any kind of food with a face that we eat.
Dinner at Water Grill with Jamie and my Mom!
Our next course was an appetizer of Fresh Ricotta, Sea Salt, and some fancy toasted bread to put it on.  It was so good; very light with a big flavor and I could have definitely eaten more!  Then we took a look at the menu to pick out our entree's.  Mom decided on the Filet, I went with the Mahi Mahi in a Green Curry sauce with mushrooms and eggplant, and Jamie got the Lupe De Mer.  As our food arrived, we opened our white and red wine, to go with all of our food, and everything looked beautiful.  Our sides were corn on the cob with lemon and a cheesy polenta which surprised me so much.  I've had polenta before but this was my favorite!  Mom said that her steak was the best steak she's ever had, and I was happy to taste that it was just as good as mine from the last time we were at Dinner and is slowing climbing my Top 5 Steak List.  My Mahi Mahi was really good but very spicy; even Jamie said it was spicy, but I loved the mushrooms and flavor of the fish, and would definitely order it again if I don't try something new next time.  Jamie's whole fish was excellent; I thought she ordered that last time, and to me, it was a little fishy tasting, but this was a different fish and so beautifully cooked and tasted flavorful and light.  That was a very pleasant surprise!

As Dinner was winding down we had to get a dessert to finish our meal and compliment our Moscato we were drinking so Jamie decided to get the Peach Cobbler.  I don't think we ever found out what the peaches were macerated in but I liked the interesting flavor and the cobbler part was incredible!  It's always nice to end a meal with a great dessert and a nice cup of coffee or espresso for all of us.  Mom said it was one of the most adventurous and elegant meals she's ever eaten and I thought everything was so good and I'm excited to keep trying new kinds of fish and finding out that I like them!  We loved our Girl's Night together!

Overall, it was an incredible and very beautiful dinner and about 3 and a half hours after having a 4 course-meal, we were perfectly full.  Now that's what I call Dining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment