Thursday, January 31, 2013

'Friends' Correspondant

Last week I blogged about the Hosting Interview I had so after the Interview there was some paperwork to fill out and a 5 Minute Video I had to film talking about one of my favorite TV Shows.  After answering all the test questions and filling in my information I was ready to shoot my Video about 'Friends.'

Hey Guys!
Neil helped me out by being my DP (Director of Photography) and I came up with some ideas I wanted to talk about and then we rolled camera and Action it was.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to talk about 'Friends' for 5 minutes without getting too in-depth but it was a breeze and as Neil gave me a countdown and the sign for 'wrap it up' those 5 minutes had flown by.  I talked about my favorite characters, watching the Blooper Reels, guest stars and some memorable moments!  There were some small mistakes, and 'ums' (which of course I was super aware of) but we had just filmed this 5 minute Video, on the first take, and after compressing it, I sent it in.  One take and we were done.  I wanted it to be real, I wanted it to be me; I'm not always perfect, but I'm fun, I hope I can draw you in and be interesting, and teach you something you didn't know and I think this video achieved that!

At this point, it's just a waiting game...and it's so hard to be patient but watching to see if they've watched the video on YouTube is like waiting for a watched pot to boil, so I just have to not think about it and let it go.  So difficult though...fingers crossed!

Last weeks Karaoke songs were fun because I had a couple friends that I hadn't seen in a while, so there were songs I hadn't sang for a long time and some new ones as well.  I opened with 'Everytime We Touch' by Cascada for Marty, then 'To Make You Feel My Love' by Adele, dueted with Marcus to 'Cruisin', switched over to some country singing 'That Don't Impress Me Much' and my new song of the night was 'I Need You' by LeAnn Rimes.  It was definitely challenging as she has range but it was a good new one to try.  There was a group of us so we all sang 'Loveshack' and it was by far the best I've ever heard it done; Marty was born to sing the male lead in that song and I closed with 'Careless Whisper' by George Michael as a sing-a-long for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment