Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Resolutions of 2012 :)

Well, 2012 has come and gone more quickly than I could have ever imagined!  I'm proud to say that I kept true to my resolutions from last year :)

1. To do something creative or artistic every day.
Whether it was performing Karaoke (in which I sang a new song every time I Hosted Karaoke and I plan on continuing that challenge), reading a play, taking a Casting Workshop, Auditioning, writing lyrics, painting, submitting for castings or e-mailing Agencies, I did something creative each and every day and I feel more fulfilled in my Acting Career because of it.  I filmed a Commercial in Spokane early in 2012, did a Politcal Spoof for Palpatine Vader, created a Doritos Spec Commercial for the Super Bowl which currently has nearly 60,000 views, worked a Medical Tradeshow and was a featured Model in Wheels & Heels Magazine.  I became a part of SAG/AFTRA which was one of my goals for a long time so I'm looking forward to even more success in 2013 and will also continue to do something creative or artistic each and every day.

2.  To be more patient.
Writing in my journal has really helped me to be more patient and aware of myself.  It's been such a great outlet for me to get out my feelings and think before I do something and I love writing out the best part of my day in addition to the creativity of it.  Even though I don't plan on journaling as much as I did in 2012, I will still write in it from time to time when I need a breather and break from the world and to share specific stories and feelings.  In addition to my journal, I took Yoga regularly and that also helped with my patience, breath, and inner peace and I continue to look forward to more of that in 2013!

3.  To smile more :)
With patience and understanding comes communication, and strengthening friendships and bonds and even though I want more, I'm happy with the progress I've made in so many aspects of my life and definitely feel like I've been smiling a whole lot more!  Part of smiling more is encouraging others to smile as well and I'll continue to make me people laugh and enjoy life just a little bit more.  I'm fortunate to work in a career where it's my job to make people laugh, and even when I'm Bartending, I love entertaining people, making them feel welcome, and it makes me feel great when I see the smile across there face when I remember their name and their drink :)

4. To start a blog.
It's been a year and 197 entries later, I have kept up with a blog and sharing parts of myself with the world.  I've gotten a little feedback recently and I will continue to keep up with my blog but I'm going to try to keep the entries shorter, therefore keeping viewers entertained without boring them (hopefully).  I'll try to include more pictures and write creative entries as well as share my funny and crazy stories with those that are interested in reading them! 

I worked really hard last year to stick to my resolutions and after a year they no longer feel like resolutions, I'm hoping they become more of a lifestyle and positive change.  I'll continue to challenge myself and keep up with them in addition to new resolutions, new goals, and new ideas.  And that all starts now...Happy 2013!
Thanks for being a part of my world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment