Saturday, January 5, 2013

Off to a good start!

It's the first week of 2013 and I feel like it's already off to a good start!  I've been submitting for jobs all week long, I've read some really amazing articles on Backstage.com, made some plans for collaborations on music and hopefully can come out with a new job, and I'm going to a play tomorrow with Jamie!  The next couple of weeks are going to be really busy but I actually thrive on that so I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished while I'm working my jobs in addition to doing creative things.  Here's my collaboration with Neil Daly at Universal Bar & Grill back in March of U2's 'With or Without You.'
The article I read on Backstage.com was about creating your SWOT Report for an Acting Career, including my strengths and who I look up to or admire, my weaknesses and what I can be working on and improving, my opportunities, am I really getting myself out there as much as possible, and what's threatening my progress and how to overcome it.  I wrote down all the information and it helped me to get a better outlook on what I need to work on and continue doing to really succeed.  This was super beneficial to me and a good way to get my start for 2013!

Next week I'm sending out some e-mails to Agencies for Representation.  It's a fresh week, so hopefully no one is still hungover from New Year's and is ready to get back in action and have an Actress that is determined and hard-working on their roster!  I've got some new collaborations in the works and would love to record some new music and collaborate, and I want to do some more Hosting and gain more experience in that field in a different area because I've worked with Cars and Drivers and loved that!  This new work will hopefully aid in getting an Agent because it shows persistence and drive.

I got my first screener since I joined the Union of 'Argo' so I know they'll be coming in as the next couple of weeks go by because we'll be voting on the SAG Award Nominee's for Best Actress, Picture, Director, etc.  I can't wait to watch all the movies and be a part of the voting process :)

Cheers to a positive outlook, new ideas, and success!

No comments:

Post a Comment