Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bestie's Birthday & Lector Training

The sun was out all weekend and it was a perfect 90 degree day in Porter Ranch on Saturday for Mike's Birthday!  I drove up that afternoon after picking up some goodies from Trader Joe's for the Party and was so happy that it was 15 degrees warmer in Porter Ranch than it was in Palms!

Mike's been doing a Birthday Pool Party for the last 3 years and I love being able to catch up and celebrate with him.  Plus, it's time spent with all the animals, and it only makes me want to get a dog because everyone brought their little ones with them.  Amy introduced me to her newest additions, Violet and Zooey, and I love seeing my favorite, Riley Boy Weiss!  It was also my first time meeting Scarlett, Nic's Cavalier King Charles, who is by far the prettiest King Charles I have ever seen; she's literally perfect.  We got to enjoy the day by the pool, sipping on some yummy cocktails, snacking, and catching up while enjoying the sunshine.  Awesome day!
Happy Birthday Bestie :)
On Sunday, I had Lector Training for Church.  A couple months ago when my parents were visiting and we were at Church they asked if anyone would be interested in doing the Readings.  I used to do them when I was younger and since I've finally found a Church I like, I figured it would be something fun to do, not to mention, keep me focused in Church ;)  It was a LONG Training session, between another girl and myself, and I'm lucky because my Acting experiences really helped me out.  We had to practice in the Church and as I was reading, I did what I do when I'm at an Audition, (if I'm not already memorized) let the words float off the page and just take my time and enjoy.  Except in Church, you get to look around and make eye contact with everyone, but I think it'll be fun too because I'll try to make the readings exciting and interesting, because I know how boring it is to sit and listen to someone who's monotone while they read.  I won't get to do the Readings for a few more weeks, but then I'll be put on the schedule regularly, and more involved in Church.  YAY!

It was a busy weekend but I'm so lucky to have great jobs that I love, awesome friends, and activities that challenge myself and keep me motivated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment