Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Karaoke, Birthday's, and Open Mic

There's been so many Birthday's lately and even with my hectic work schedule I've been able to catch up with friends and celebrate at some point! 

A couple weeks ago Jamie had her Birthday at Gabe's on a Sunday night and I ran Karaoke for her so she could have a Karaoke Birthday Party with her friends.  The Gabe's regulars weren't used to Sunday Karaoke but it ended up being a fun little party and Judy even baked a cake and cupcakes for Jamie.  The girls got together, we got to catch up, sing some songs, and drink some yummy drinks!
The Ladies celebrating Jamie's Karaoke Birthday
Surprise!
Speaking of Karaoke, last week I had a wonderful surprise awaiting me at Gabe's as soon as I arrived.  Jonathan was visiting from Washington for a Job Interview that might bring him back to LA.  YAY!  So we had a pretty busy Karaoke night that was filled with tons of Duets and lots of Musical/Showtunes.  I opened with 'Dreams' by Fleetwood Mac, and then Julian asked me to do a duet with him, so we sang 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart' which was also my new song of the night!  Next up, I did another duet with McCracken's friend, singing 'A Dangerous Game' which was a lot of fun.  There was no way Jonathan was going to leave without us singing together so we sang 'I Got You, Babe.'  Foxy was feeling the duet vibe so he asked me to sing 'A Whole New World' with him, and then I sang 'I'm The Only One' by Melissa Etheridge.  There's just something really fun about that song and I was definitely having a good time with it.  McCracken and I closed out the night with 'Light My Candle' from "Rent" and it seemed like everyone had a blast at Karaoke!

Emily and I had off last Tuesday so we actually got to check out our co-worker's, Laura's, Open Mic night at O'Brien's on Main Street in Santa Monica.  There were a few singers on the roster and most of the songs performed were covers but it really got the crowd involved and I like hearing someone put a new spin on a classic song.  Laura did amazing, and although I wasn't familiar with her songs, she was confident, played the guitar as well, and was super talented.  Hooray for roommate night and supporting our friend!

I've certainly been getting my Music Fix in lately and hope to keep it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment