Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chai Love

Today I spent part of my morning working on memorizing a script for an audition I had this afternoon.  It was for a Car Rental Agency out of Canada.  It's too bad they weren't looking for the Canadian accent because I could have laid that on, nice and thick with my Wisconsin upbringing.  Alas, American Standard (thank you Miss Becky Foster) is what all Hosts are told to use.

I avoided most traffic to and from my Audition by taking some side streets and arrived in Hollywood with plenty of time to spare.  The Casting Director recognized me from another audition and smiled, and asked me to read the spot.  I did it twice, felt like I had great energy and a positive attitude, and was in and out in 3 minutes!  Every actor always hopes that any job they recently book, carries over into your auditions with confidence and renewed sense of optimism and achievement.  Just a nice confidence boost!

When I book a job, I usually stop drinking and tend to eat a little healthier to get myself in prime shape and state of mind to perform my best during the shoot.  While I enjoy a glass of wine every once in a while during my shoot prep, tonight I decided to forgo the alcohol and go the Chai Tea route.  I always forget how good it tastes until it hits my lips.  Perfect for my voice, amazing taste, and healthy...you can't go wrong.

Bring on the Chai Tea for the next week...oh yeah!
*Can you tell the new season of 'Jersey Shore' has started?*

No comments:

Post a Comment