Thursday, January 19, 2012

Musical Fever

Had another wonderful Karaoke Night last night at Gabe's!  We had a full list of people ready and waiting to sing.  It was definitely a more moody night with slow ballads and emotional songs, but sometimes those nights are just the ticket to turn a bad mood into a good one!

I'm continuing my new song resolution and actually got some more people on the 'trying new songs train.'  Woo hoo...all aboard for being spontaneous and creative!  There was a Musical Theatre Theme in the air with people singing Elvis and Frank Sinatra.  I got an idea to try 'I Dreamed a Dream' from Les Miserables when a Karaoke regular sang 'On My Own.'  I love putting together super sets when you get a couple people singing the same artist.  It was a challenge and I'm proud I tried something new and musically difficult.  Neil stopped by so we sang 'Another Day' from Rent, something we haven't sang in a while.

I would love to put together a Karaoke Theme Night but everyone loves what they're comfortable with, so it might be slightly difficult.  But I think it would be a blast and everyone would get a kick out of a Gender Bender Night (girls sing songs that have a male lead, and guys sing songs that have a female lead), or an 80's Rock Night, or even Musical Theatre.  It's a guilty pleasure, and everyone has one song from a Musical that they love.  Make it fun, because that's what Karaoke is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment