Thursday, May 3, 2012

Karaoke & Party Planning

I was excited to get back to Karaoke after having a frustrating week last week but getting advice from a good friend of mine who's been Hosting Karaoke for years helped me get re-invigorated for last night!  Although, I'm glad to have my first Friday night off in a month tomorrow, I was glad to be working on Wednesday :)

It ended up being a very quiet night with a bunch of regulars that got to sing quite a few times.  They were happy to get to sing so often and everyone that was in the bar was singing, so everyone was very supportive as well.  We opened the night with a Beatles Super Set, so everyone that was signed up on the first round (all 5 of us) sang a Beatles song, so that kept it fun and exciting for everyone, since we were trying new music.  I love doing Super Set's, and it doesn't happen very often, but I love the challenge of it!  My new song of the night was 'The World is Not Enough' by Garbage per request by Jerry.  He asked me months ago, and since we just updated our system and added over 3000 new songs, we finally had it.  Talk about a difficult song!  I was still proud of my performance, but I want to practice that one a few more times before I try it again.  Art sang a song from a James Bond movie after me, and remarked at how difficult his was too, so I think James Bond songs are just a more challenging type of song to sing for some reason.  Jonathan came in to visit with a friend and while both of them were killing some Karaoke he wanted to sing 'I Got You Babe' before he left for the night, so Sonny and Cher we were.  I closed out the night with 'Hold On' by Wilson Phillips for 2 very supportive gals that were too shy to sing the song, but wanted to hear it.  I love when everyone is having a good time and happy to be around people singing Karaoke, and everyone in the bar was awesome last night!

Today I was supposed to have a Photo Shoot in Laguna Beach for a Swimwear Line but everything was running last minute and the weather was cloudy down South so it got canceled.  I'm glad we're re-scheduling but I'm bummed I didn't have that pizza I wanted earlier this week!  I try to eat more healthy than usual and avoid alcohol (aside from special occasions like the S&S Reunion) for a week or two before a shoot, and especially when I'm going to be in a swimsuit so I'll be getting my Pizza Hut on later this week I'm sure!

Instead, I got a ton of stuff done, castings sent out, errands ran, mini-Birthday shopping for Jessica's Birthday Party this weekend, along with picking up groceries so I can make an appetizer for the Party along with some cupcakes.  We're going to Malibu Wines to enjoy the sunshine, good food and friends, and of course, a lot of wine!  I love making cupcakes so I'll be doing that and experimenting with some hors d'oeuvres.  Jess already has some ideas as well and is trying some new recipes for bruschetta.  It's supposed to be gorgeous outside that day, so I'm sure we'll all have a lot of fun B)  Yay for a productive day!

2 comments:

  1. Your life sounds so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I try to share the positives and always stay optimistic, but know that life isn't always perfect, and that the hard times help us make way for the good!

      Delete