Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Playtime!

One of the great things about going home to Wisconsin is being able to spend time with my cousin's kids and since I had so much family in town from out of state and another continent that brought more babies around!

Friday night was Olivia and my Dad's Birthday so I was able to meet Dru for the first time and see Olivia who was 2 years older than the last time I saw her.  I hadn't seen Greta or Grayson since Christmas but was happily surprised when both of them remembered me.  My cousin, Nicki, has so much patience as she's the guinea pig for the kids; always playing with them and baby-sitting, and just being a good cousin and God Mother!  As soon as I got there I was playing Hide & Go Seek, jumping in the balls and answering Olivia's questions.  She might be the smartest child I have ever met!  Since she lives in Japan she is bi-lingual in Japanese and English which is so cool!

Grayson all ready to play 'Bomb'
After Dinner, and after 3 requests to come and play, I headed back downstairs to play 'Batman' with the kids.  Grayson has a Batman costume so I ended up wearing the headpiece and playing Tag with the little ones.  A little while later Olivia opened presents and Grayson made up a new game.  Find the Bomb.  I tried to teach them 'Hot & Cold' but it may take another year before they can figure that one out.  Just around 9 pm we tried to get them settled down with a movie; while that was quite a predicament to find something all 4 kids under the age of 5 would like, and that Nicki and I wouldn't fall asleep to, we settled with a 'Land Before Time' movie.  Olivia snuggled in right next to me and I just about melted.  They were so sad when it was time for bed and we had to leave but I knew we would see them soon.
Movie Time with Olivia...CHEESE!
Then on Saturday we all went to Church and when Olivia and Dru saw us there, Olivia came right over and ended up sitting next to Mom and I.  Of course, Mom being the grown up has fruit snacks in her purse, and the next thing you know she's giving them to Olivia and Dru sees them saying, 'Chewies' in her adorable 2 year old voice.  We told Olivia to save some for Dru but they were gone quicker than you could say Chewies!  LOL!

When Mom and I came over on Saturday night for cards at my Aunt Lindy's, Grayson came running outside yelling my name and asking me to play.  As we walked in each kid came up and gave me a hug.  Talk about feeling loved.  It was one of the greatest moments of my weekend...no joke!  We got over there pretty late so it was nearing bedtime for all and while Olivia made her best effort to stay up late and give a reason as to why she didn't want to go to bed, she gave out hugs for 15 minutes and then when we had all caught on she trudged off to bed, only after Dru had given us goodnight hugs as well.  Grayson and Greta didn't go so easily...Grayson ended up over his Dad's shoulder, pouting and so cute, while Greta went kicking and screaming, but not before Mom and I kept reminding her of the bug under her arm and my suggestion for more soap.  Of course, being 3 she went straight to her Mom and said, 'bug,' lifting her arm and 'more soap.'  Ooops...sorry Katie!  We were all told later that both kids were asleep before even getting home, less than 5 minutes later.  Way too cute!

I already miss the little ones and can't wait till I can see them again.  I'm sure they'll be smarter than ever and even cuter :D

No comments:

Post a Comment