Thursday, June 21, 2012

Birthday Karaoke :D

My Birthday Celebrations continued at Karaoke on Wednesday night at Gabe's!  I was Hosting and was hoping to have friends come in and visit me so we could all celebrate, sing, and have a fun night!

When I walked into Gabe's, there was a huge bottle of water (for later, courtesy of Doodle) along with Lottery Scratcher's, and then some beautiful flowers from Amy & Andy.  Jess gave me flowers and some sparking wine, along with cupcake stuff on Tuesday, so I was a lucky girl with all the flowers I was getting!  Then Judy came in with this heart-shaped cake, covered in candles, strawberries, and then cupcakes!  It was so sweet of her.  She even had a bag filled with goodies for me too.

Karaoke at Gabe's
Right away there were a bunch of people waiting to sign up to sing, Marcus, Johnny, and a huge classroom of people walked in just as we started along with Marty and a bunch of his clients!  My opening song of the night was 'It Will Rain' by Bruno Mars and we ended up with such a long rotation it took over an hour before anyone could sing again.  In fact, I was so busy I nursed the same drink for almost 2 hours!

Since we had such a huge crowd there were a lot of up-tempo songs.  Khad and Sean came in, and of course, there were Double Entendre performances, and they were joined by Marty and Neil, singing Backstreet Boys first, and then N'Sync's 'Bye Bye Bye' after with Carolyn and I as their back-up dancers!  My new song of the night was Stevie Wonder's, 'I Just Called to Say I Love You' and the whole bar sang along with me.  It was definitely a fun song and I can't wait to sing it again.  Neil sang 'Unchained Melody' which was fantastic and then 'Smooth' by Santana to get the crowd dancing.

Debbie came in with beautiful purple flowers for me but was laying low due to a rib injury :(  Dan is also a regular, always changing up what he sings, brought me a bunch of Packer's trading cards from the 80's & 90's which was very thoughtful!  Of course, Johnny and I had to do 'Dangerous' since it went so well last time and Carolyn and I did 'Gravity' as a duet as well.  I was glad because around midnight the crowd started to thin out and that gave me a chance to hang out with all my friends that came in, Danny & Jeff with Frank, my big brother, Mike and Charlie.  And at this point, there was an ever-flowing supply of shots.  Thankfully, I stuck to vodka all night and can remember everything because I started off slow.  
S&S Reunion
Overall, even though it was a really busy night and I was hoping it would be slower so I could spend more time with my friends it seems as though everyone had a great time.  And what made it awesome was that everyone sang me Happy Birthday and I got to blow out my candles.  It's usually me leading the Birthday song so it was a nice return favor from the Karaoke crew :)

Thank you so much to those of you who could come and hang out to celebrate my Birthday!  You sure know how to make a girl feel special!

1 comment: