Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Screen Test & Maxim Event

After reading some articles in a Casting Newsletter I found a very interesting tip when you've got an audition.  Don't let it be the hi-light of your day.  Why?  Because then you place all the emphasis on that one audition and that adds extra stress to an already stressful situation.  So I was very excited when on Tuesday I had an audition and I had fun plans for later that evening!

My audition on Tuesday was actually a Screen Test for a YouTube sponsored website that films educational video content.  I was meeting with J* at their offices in Culver City and I was auditioning for a Fitness Video series that would be filming for the next year, a couple times a month.  I was stoked because it would be an on-going job which would be awesome and keep me busy!  There were a couple people that went before me, both guys, one body builder type, and the other a cross-country runner type, so different from each other, and then me.  J* and I bonded over my firm handshake and the fact that I'm from Wisconsin and his best friends are all from Wisconsin and love drinking beer.  I had to laugh out loud at that one!  When we got into the room, J* explained what he wanted me to talk about and then we were going to be putting me doing an exercise on film.  So I introduced myself, talked about my work-outs, what I enjoy doing to stay fit, my fitness experience, including working on Fitness Videos for Barry's Bootcamp, and Hosting as well.  Then he asked me to do an exercise, suggesting push-ups or sit-ups; I wanted to be different so I said I was going to show him some lunges.  He said great so then I walked 'the audience' through lunges talking about the proper technique, telling them to smile and staying energetic.  After that we discussed more details about the shoot and that was it.  J* thanked me for coming in and said we would be in touch soon.  

I felt really good about the audition; I knew I had a lot of energy, stayed positive, and was very out-going.  I wouldn't be hosting the video, I would just be one of the people demonstrating the exercises, but I think it would be so great to have a steady job filming for the company!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one :)

With my new-found advice, making sure my audition was just a bright and exciting part of my day but not the be-all-end-all, I had plans to attend a Maxim Event in Hollywood at the Mondrian Hotel at Skybar.  It was for the E3 Convention that's going on in Downtown LA for the next couple of days.  I pulled up to the Valet and got my entrance bracelet from a beautiful model and found Andrea's friend, Annette, (we coordinated our arrivals since Andrea wasn't going to be getting their til later, and I figured Annette and I could get to know each other).  On my way to the bar I ran into Sandra who invited me to the party and Annie, whom I worked with at Cabo!  It was so great to see her and catch up with her quickly.  I'm only bummed that we didn't get to get a picture together.  I found Annette after parting ways from Annie and got a Raspberry Mojito at the bar, it was Open Bar and complimentary Hors d'oeuvres for the whole night which was awesome!  Annette had some friends with her so I met them and we all mingled throughout the party.  We got pictures on the Red Carpet, took photos by the pool and met a bunch of people.  Later on Andrea came and we caught up because we haven't seen each other since her Birthday!  Then I saw my friend, Ali, across the pool the pool from me, I met his friends, and we caught up about work and what's been going on for both of us.  I haven't seen him since November of 2010!  After hanging out at the party for a few hours it was time to head home, so I waited about a half hour for the Valet to bring my car back and was on my way home.  What a fun night...I certainly miss doing events like that even though I felt like I was surrounded by plastics it was great to catch up with friends and be out and social!
Maxim E3 Party at Skybar in Hollywood
On a side note...I found out about my Fitness Audition last week.  I made it to the Final Round of choices but they ended up choosing a Latina girl for the Brunette.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to win them all, but all I can do is do the best I can and hope for my break :)

No comments:

Post a Comment