Monday, June 11, 2012

Massages & Beer

Today was going to be a busy day with 2 auditions on the opposite end of town from each other but I knew I had plenty of time in between even if they went longer than I planned.  I prepared with an extra bag that had my laptop, original clothes I wore to the Bud Light Commercial audition (you should always wear the same clothes to call-backs unless specified so they remember who you are), and my make-up bag.  

My first Audition was for the Plaza Spa in Sherman Oaks.  It was a quick drive to Sherman Oaks this morning and from leaving my garage to parking in the Valley, I made it in 20 minutes.  I walked over to the Sherman Oaks Plaza, took the elevator to the 2nd floor and signed in.  There were 3 other girls waiting, so I took a seat and pulled out my book to read.  Apparently, the girl who walked in right behind me was nervous because she wanted to chat, talking about her Facebook profile, showing me pictures she's recently taken, and talking about stunt work.  Certainly interesting but I'm on the last 40 pages of 'Hunger Games' so I really wanted to read my book.

After about 20 minutes D* came down to get the first set of girls, and 20 minutes after that 3 of us went upstairs to do our auditions.  Basically, they were looking for 4 models, one older woman, 2 younger women, and a masseuse.  We had on 'spa clothes' swim suits underneath so we did a couple poses for them, laying on our back, laying on our stomach and relaxing, and then sitting in seated position, legs crossed, in a zen moment.  They had me in my swim suit for the last pose, complimenting my tan and muscle tone, and saying I have beautiful skin, (so very nice of them to say)!  When D* asked what else I had going on today, I mentioned my Bud Light Call-back later, and he said congratulations!  Always a good thing to have another audition later and for something well known, even better.  

When I left the audition I headed home and made it home just around 12:15 pm.  Lucky for me, I had enough time to do my arm strength training work-out and abs.  I made myself some lunch, freshened up, and then just before 2 pm I was on my way to Hollywood for my Call-back.

The Bud Light Call-back was in Hollywood and it took just a half hour to get there and I was early.  I signed in noticing there were actually a lot of people there for a call-back.  I got put into my group right away (just two out of four of us were there) and he felt the same way, saying it seemed as though more people were hear now versus when he came to the original audition.  I knew there were only 10 girls coming in for call-backs which meant there were 30 to 40 guys.  It took a while, and about an hour later they had us lined up right outside the room.  J* took our headshots and gave us some pointers before going in the room, don't drink from the bottles, keep the energy high, and play our expressions to the camera.  J* also loved my shoes...ah, they are my favorites (silver platform peep-toes) and super comfortable.

When we got into the room there were about 5 people, plus Karen the CD, and the camera guy.  Everyone was eating lunch and had their laptops in front of them.  They had us line up and then slate and do profiles for the camera.  Then they put us into position at a table.  Our Hero guy was prompted by his Buddy about the Bud Light Cruise he just went on, and the Hero tells us all these amazing stories that are supposed to make us jealous.  So, the other 2 guys and I are supposed to be bummed that we missed out on something so cool, and I'm sure the guys I was with could have felt like that, considering the Hero was talking about all the hot naked girls, champagne fights, and licking going on.  No joke.  Now, he was prompted by one of the casting people to really go with it, and get raunchy, but I found it difficult to really be jealous of this, so I played it off like this was my brother, and typical him to have this wild and crazy story.  Once again, I 'flirted' with another bar patron off camera, had some good expressions and frustration for 'missing out' on such an awesome time.  After running it through twice we were done and out the door.

I'm sure I'm probably being hard on myself feeling like I could have done better and should have tried harder, but I have to think I did the best I could and it's in their hands now.  I made a great impression that they wanted to see me a second time so hopefully they see how well I worked with the guys and can mix and match all the actors to make the perfect set of 4 friends, and fingers crossed, that includes me!

Since I usually go to Yoga on Monday's at 4:30 pm, I really wanted to go today, especially after this long and busy day.  It was 3:50 pm when I left, and as soon as I got home, I changed and ran back out the door, making it to Yoga just a couple minutes late.  Thank goodness, Sean, is always late!  It felt good to concentrate on my breathing and nothing external and by the end of the hour long class I felt strong and rejuvenated.

Tonight I am looking forward to just relaxing, hanging out with my roommate, watching some 'Housewives' action and finishing off my book!  But first, I must go through all of my castings...let's get some more auditions this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment