Thursday, June 7, 2012

My First Beer Commercial Audition!

Two auditions in one day?  Yes, please!

I submitted for a Beer Commercial a couple days ago after I saw that I knew the Casting Director.  After my submission I e-mailed K* as well because I wanted to let her know I would love to come in and Audition!  She e-mailed me back right away saying I would be perfect for the role, gave me some wardrobe ideas and the details, scheduling me for Thursday afternoon.

Today I got ready for my audition, knowing my role was to play one of the boys, a tomboy, who hangs out with the guys, but cleans up well.  I knew I was wearing a blank tank top and jeans on the suggestion of K* but I figured I would put on Chucks to really fit in.  After talking to my 'Manager' he reminded me that in order to do Alcohol Commercials you have to be over 25 because the Corporations don't want anyone to look underage or appeal to an under 21 crowd, so he suggested heels or wedges.  I chose my silver heels and also put on my rocker cuff and was out the door, resume and headshot in hand.  

When I got to the Casting Office in Hollywood I signed in and the girl at the desk said I would be in the next group because they weren't bringing in that many girls.  I should have figured because as I looked around I noticed about 10 guys in the waiting area, one of whom was at my Soap Opera Workshop a few weeks ago.  Ten guys and me...well, well, well ;)  Three other gentlemen and myself were called in the room (only after checking our ID's) and K* hugged me right away and said I was dressed perfectly.  YAY!  Then we were given a run-down of the scene.  A guy was telling us an amazing story and we were all jealous or disinterested, because we missed out on the Beer Cruise.  After we all slated we got put into position at a table with our beers and the guy started telling his story.  After the first time through they gave some changes, K* saying she loved that I had rolled my eyes and was adding depth to the scene by checking out what was going on around us, and then we did the scene again.  This time I 'flirted' with a cute guy 2 tables away after all of us cheersed.  It seemed like we all worked well together and the scene was fun to do as well as comedic but not over the top.  Call-backs would be next week, so that would be awesome!

I realized that I could go to another audition because I was less than 15 minutes from it if I left from Hollywood and getting back to my apartment would be just as quick, if not faster, from the second location.  So I had my Mom check my e-mail to get the details and I was off to North Hollywood for Audition #2.  Thank goodness I always have back-up resume's and headshots, even if I didn't have my commercial shot, I was glad to have something!

The second audition was for a Home Shopping Network type show with very high-end products.  I met L* and he asked me a lot of questions about myself and how I got my start.  He was an interesting fellow but I just went along with it all.   Then he had me present a Roy Rogers 8 VHS Set.  I know nothing about Roy Rogers other than that there's a drink, that I would assume is named after him (coke with cherry juice in it).  When he was telling me a little about him, I remembered Trigger, and figured I would just do my best.  As I studied the set for a few minutes I came up with what I wanted to say.  Unfortunately, L* had something else in mind because every time I tried to start he would give me a different suggestion.  Finally, I made it through the 1 minute presentation and felt a sigh of relief.  He thanked me and said I was one of the best he saw; so perhaps he was just giving me a tough time to challenge me to see what I can do.  I don't mind that, because I'll work hard to do well in any situation!  

After finishing up at that audition I decided to treat myself to Panera Bread for a late lunch...it's been a long morning and afternoon and the day has just started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment