Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mom's Visit to LA

Mom always says when she comes out to visit that it's a true vacation.  While we like to have stuff to do, we never make any big plans or have a set schedule to follow which always makes for a nice visit.  Even without plans we always keep busy and have plenty to do.

She flew in on last Sunday and we went to Maxwell's for Lunch (I had food envy of her Burger with Goat Cheese).  It's one of our favorite places to go and a must when she's in town.  That afternoon we went grocery shopping and then took a long walk outside.  Another must do when she visit's is Yogurtland.  I took her there 2 years ago and while she wasn't very excited on her first visit she became a huge fan after getting to choose from so many different flavor choices and toppings!  Her new favorite topping is Boba Balls and there were plenty of Boba Balls to go around this time...I had to ask if she was going to have some Yogurt with them ;)

Monday and Tuesday were beautiful days so we got to lay by the pool and get some sun as well as get in good work-outs outside (Mom walks, and runs when I force her to, while I do sprints or the stairs).  Monday was busy because of Memorial Day but it's a nice perk to have a pool when it's gorgeous outside.  On Monday night I made Dinner for her and Jess, and did my Gnocchi Mac & Cheese with Maple Apple Sausage along with fresh steamed Green Beans and a Salad filled with veggies.  Two glasses of wine later and Mom said she had to take a walk to burn off the wine and woozy feeling!  Tuesday was exciting because we were going to The Melting Pot for Dinner.  It's a fondue restaurant and even though we sat in traffic for almost an hour and 45 minutes (it took 25 minutes to get home without traffic) the food was well worth it.  We started with Spinach & Artichoke Fondue (probably my favorite cheese fondue I've had), then a California Salad which was really good, the entree portion was Mahi Mahi, Sirloin, Shrimp, Chicken, Mushroom Ravioli's and vegetables, and we chose the Chocolate and Crunchy Peanut Butter as our dessert fondue.  We were both very full after and very satisfied!

Wednesday was a busy day because I had my Audition in the afternoon and then Mom was getting her hair cut at the Aveda salon after that.  We had Soup Plantation for a late lunch/early dinner because Mom had never been and I felt like we could have a healthy meal after such a big dinner the previous night.  Of course, there was a stop at Diddy Reise in the afternoon because we were in Westwood (another must do).  That night I had to Host Karaoke and Mom came with me to that as well and even stayed all night until close!

Thursday was another beautiful day so we got some more sun by the pool and then got ready to head to Downtown to see the The Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, one of the largest Cathedrals in the US.  It was huge but so beautiful; I certainly understand why people have their weddings there.  Outside there were angels etched on the glass walls overlooking LA and the freeways.  There were some gardens and a Mausoleum below the Church as well.  We picked up some Yogurtland in Hollywood on the way home and then that night I made some Veggie & Sausage Wraps for Dinner.  After that Mom helped me go through clothes and shoes that I could give to Good Will.  There will be another blog on that!

On Friday we walked around the neighborhood and picked flowers for my kitchen.  I love that I live in a residential area with some beautiful homes.  We also went shopping that day and played cards, just the two of us.  Bobby's show was that night in Downtown so we were able to see Downtown during the day yesterday and then all lit up that night.  Bobby and his band mate, Heather, and their Roadie, Chris stayed at the apartment on Friday night so we all went out Maxwell's for breakfast before I had to take Mom to the airport on Saturday morning.  I liked my meal that day (California Omelet) much more than Saturday's lunch!  
Mom & I at The Redwood for Bobby's Show
Overall, Mom and I kept really busy all week long but had so much fun and maintained our vacation attitudes.  I think sometimes she worries that she's staying too long and I get sick of her, but that's not the case.  I love spending time with her, and while we're very much alike, that's why we can get on each others nerves.  But I always look forward to having her here and being a part of my life while I'm living in LA <3

1 comment: