Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Family Affair at Lunch

After a very fun and busy weekend, Monday called for a fabulous Lunch, and who better than Jamie, who had called in sick to work that day, to enjoy Lunch with!  She was doing a little research for her job, so she suggested Milo & Olive in Santa Monica.  The name Milo & Olive came from the owner, who had opened up Rustic Canyon, then hired a Baker to open up Huckelberry, they fell in love, got married, opened up Sweet Rose Creamery, and then opened Milo & Olive, naming it after their children (in the shortened version of it all).  Both Jamie and I were quite excited to try a bunch of the menu items and were happily pleased with everything!

We started with the Sauteed Kale, which had jalapenos and plenty of garlic.  I tried kale once, a couple years ago, and did not like it, so I was a little nervous to try this, but ended up loving it!  I love garlic, I loved the kick of the jalepenos, and everything together just tasted amazing.  Next up was the Marinated Cauliflower that came in a small bowl with spinach, pine nuts, capers, gold raisins, and my favorite, goat cheese.  That was good too, very flavorful, and everything worked together well, and had different textures which was really nice.  We moved onto the Albacore Tuna Crudo that also had capers and a lemon and olive oil drizzle.  It was very light and fresh and a perfect palate cleanser before our main course.
Mmm...Goat Cheese...at Milo & Olive
For our entrees we did the Ricotta Gnocchi that had fresh mozzarella and basil and was in this sweet and tangy marinara sauce.  The gnocchi was perfectly-cooked, like fluffy little pillows, and the only down-side of the gnocchi was that I wish there was more to eat!  We also ordered a Burrata Pizza that was piled high with Proscuitto and Arugula.  I found out a couple weeks ago that I'm not a big fan of Proscuitto so I just gave that to Jamie and happily enjoyed the pizza with one of my favorite cheeses.

Now, this amazing meal would not have been complete without dessert.  So Jamie got a Sweet Cream pastry while I got one of the brownies and it was absolutely delicious.  We enjoyed our yummies with a double espresso for me and a Vanilla Latte for Jamie.  They actually make their own Vanilla syrup in-house using fresh vanilla beans.  Pretty darn cool!
 
This was by far one of the best Lunches I've ever had.  It was so awesome to be able to try all this amazing food and get to taste so many different flavors and styles.  I definitely look forward to going back to Milo & Olive again very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment