Thursday, October 4, 2012

Firsts in October!

Wednesday was a busy day for me because I had just gotten back from Las Vegas late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning and I had an Audition that morning as well as Karaoke that night at Gabe's.

Luckily, my Audition wasn't until 10:20 am but I had to get to Hollywood so after getting ready and re-memorizing my Comedy Monologue I was on my way to Space Station Studios.  The Audition was for a Short Film where I would be playing a Motel Owner who ends up taking a Thief hostage after he steals the identity of a Murderer.  I was right on time and got called shortly after signing in.  The Casting Director was there along with the Director and they had me take a seat, slate, and then perform my monologue.  They sat there straight-faced until I hit the punchline in the monologue when they both broke, smiled, and laughed.  After I finished the monologue the Director asked if I could do it again, except act as if I was Blacked-out Drunk.  I said yes, as I was up for the challenge but definitely found it difficult to make that switch after just doing it normally, and even more difficult being sustained to the chair.  I made bold choices, using big arm movements, moving around awkwardly in the chair, as well as raising the volume of my voice and even slurring my speech at times and changing some words, even forgetting certain parts.  They laughed as I made my way through the monologue and after that they thanked me and excused me saying they were shooting a few days in early November.  Hooray for my first Audition of the month!

After getting in a nice long run and work-out as well as going through hundreds of e-mails it was time to Host Karaoke at Gabe's last night.  I got started right away as we had a few people in at the beginning of my shift including a group of gals in for their Birthday's!  I opened with some Shania Twain and we had a bunch of Country songs in the first rotation.  Khad came in early so he was able to sing a lot throughout the night including the theme song for 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air' and later on 'Mulan' making those Birthday girls go crazy!  It was definitely a musical theater night as Jamie and I both sang songs from 'Grease' even though we could barely hear ourselves over the vocals of the Birthday crew.  But I have to say, the Birthday girls brought it singing 'Hero' by Mariah Carey, 'Killing Me Softly' by the Fugee's and 'Stay' by Lisa Loeb.  There was even a showdown of Sara Bareilles but Jamie came out the victor getting a round of applause during her high note on 'Gravity!'  Of course, there were group performances and duets throughout the night and my new song was The Divinyl's 'I Touch Myself.'  Debbie came in and danced her way into the hearts of everyone singing 'I Kissed A Girl' by Katy Perry, and accompanying me with her dancing skills while I closed out the night with 'Mercy,' by Duffy.  It was definitely a fun night!

While Wednesday was a really long day, it was well worth the exhaustion after an awesome 2 days in Vegas...more on my trip in my next blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment