Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dorito's Spec Commercial Shoot

I wrote a blog a few months ago about a Casting Workshop that I went to and was extremely disappointed with the Casting Director.  At that Workshop I was initially set-up with a Scene Partner and when we corresponded over e-mail, we both said we would rather just do a monologue or have a reader, and both of us were cool with our decision.  Fast forward about 6 months and Hymnson and I finally worked on a project together!  After trying to set something up for a couple months he needed an Actress for his Dorito's Spec Commercial and I was free and interested in working on the project with him.

The shoot was at a home in Sylmar and it was just Hymnson and I, and his DP (Director of Photography) friend, Adrian.  We got started just after 10 am and rehearsed and went through some ideas for the shoot.  Then we got to shooting after looking through the story boards and we were able to watch the Footage after shooting each section.  That was awesome because if we needed to fix anything or didn't like the way it was shot we were able to re-shoot it.
Screen Shot from the Dorito's Commercial
We had a lot of fun coming up with interesting ideas for each shot.  The whole Commercial could be 30 seconds long and it's for the Dorito's Crash the Superbowl Contest and they've been doing this for the past couple of years.  After running through the opening part we did the insert shots and close-ups of each part.  Then we did the second half of the commercial which involved finally getting to eat some Dorito's and covering Hymnson in chips!  I think the closing was catchy and cute and I'll be very excited to see the final product.

The whole shoot took less than 4 hours and we had a blast working together!  I know we all have so many more ideas and it's great to get to work with such creative people who really want to take control of their careers and I love surrounding myself with motivated people who make me feel excited about my own career!  Thanks guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment