Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Top 5 Karaoke Night!

Last night at Karaoke was by far one of my favorite nights I've ever had!  Even though it's been a slow start on Wednesday's, usually getting everything together at 9:30 or 10 pm, everyone in the bar had a blast and stayed until close!

We got started last night at 9:30 pm with a few people already signed up and then just a few more trickled in and it stayed like that all night long!  So the whole rotation was maybe 5 or 6 people and everyone was able to sing their little heart's out for a supportive crowd!  Some of the regulars were in along with a few of my friends, Jamie, Khad and Marty, so the night was bound to be a good time!

After I opened the night a few of the regulars sang and Marty got everyone singing along with him for Violent Femme's' 'Blister in the Sun,' and Jamie making her way in right after he had finished his song.  It was a night of Duets, Theme's, and Super-Sets, as Jamie and I did a little tribute to Mandy Moore.  She started off with 'Only Hope' which was beautiful, while I danced around to pop song, 'Candy,' which was actually a lot of fun and one of my new songs for the night.  Khad's first song of the night was 'Interstate Love Song' while Marcus' was 'Plush', both of them giving Stone Temple Pilots a little run for their money.  There were a bunch of Disney Songs, starting with Khad and Marty singing a little, 'Hakuna Matata,' then Jamie singing 'Part of Your World,' Khad did the crowd favorite from 'Mulan' making a man out of you, and Marty and Jamie did 'A Whole New World' from Aladdin.  Art sang a bunch of Sam Cooke songs that I love listening to while I'm Bartending at Irish Times and got to hear him sing for the first time here at Karaoke.  Next up it was a Super-Set of Roxette songs, while Jamie did 'Listen To Your Heart' and I did 'It Must Have Been Love.'  Since Marty was on a roll with the Violent Femme's I suggested 'Ring of Fire' because those are good ol' Wisconsin Dive Bar songs that when they come on the Juke Box everyone gets into a circle, starts dancing and singing along, it certainly reminded me of home and my St. Cloud boys and playing 7-14-21 after keeping Stats for the Baseball Team.  I miss being Stats Girl!!  

Jamie and I are continuing to do work on 'Take Me Or Leave Me' and one of these days it's going to be perfect!  While Marty and Khad did a Double Entendre performance complete with some harmonies of the Backstreet Boys, 'I Want it That Way.'  Another group performance came about during Khad's love song, 'I Would Do Anything For Love' by Meatloaf with a little help from Marcus and I.  Marcus showed off another side of him singing The Eurythmics while Marty changed it up and sang some Jason Mraz!  Marty was an impressive singer last night, trying new songs and performing the best I've ever seen of him!  It was a night of new songs for all of us with Jamie closing out the night with 'My Immortal' by Evanescence and me closing with 'Hungry Eyes' by Eric Carmen.  I think we could all picture the scene with Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey dancing in-between Cynthia Rhodes from 'Dirty Dancing.'  Classic movie and Patrick Swayze will always be remembered in everyone's hearts!

Overall, we all worked the crowd, sang along and danced our Frito Pie and Avocado Toast off during the great songs and stylings of an awesome Karaoke night with great people!  Next week is Halloween Karaoke with a Rockstar or Music suggested Theme that should be a lot of fun and very exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment