Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Karaoke Celebration!

It's Official...I am now a part of SAG-AFTRA...a big step in an Actresses career is joining the Union and I have finally taken it!  I was SAG Eligible for the past year because of the Web Series I was Taft Hartley'd on last October and have booked a bunch of Non-Union work in the past year so I was happy to be working and doing work throughout the year but I was up for a change and new opportunities.  I'm so excited for a new chapter in my career and look forward to more success, hard-work, and exciting challenges!

Last night at Karaoke was a mini-celebration as Jamie came out to celebrate with me, along with Sean, and Amy was pouring plenty of shots for us throughout the night!  It was actually a slower Karaoke night with just a few of the regular singers, and the 3 of us, with some other people filtering in and out throughout the night.  But I actually like when it's slower and I have friends in because it gives them more opportunities to sing.

We got started around 10 pm and it was a Broadway Musical kind of night with Jamie singing 'Till There Was You' from The Music Man, Art doing 'Send in the Clowns', Judy doing 'Superstar' and Art singing some other Show Tunes that were new songs for him.  Sean pulled off a great version of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' with Jamie and I singing a little back-up and me being able to do a little Air Piano.  Then it was a night of duets with Marcus asking me to take the lead on 'California Dreamin' by the Mama's & The Papa's, which was also a new song for me.  That was a fun challenge for the night but I still wanted to sing another new song that was my choice as well.  Marcus and Jamie sang 'Cruisin' which is one of my favorite duets to sing with my Duet Partner, Mr. Michael Weiss!  It's been a long time since we sang it so hopefully we'll be able to sing it soon.  Jamie and I did a little Jewel super-set in between BMW Shots and also did our rendition of 'Take Me or Leave Me' which went much smoother than last week and we were both really happy that it went well and we had fun singing it!  My other new song of the night was 'All I Wanna Do is Make Love to You' by Heart which is on my favorite Album of theirs.  I only wish I could find a Karaoke version of 'I Want Your World to Turn.'  At any rate, after singing Heart, it's hard to do anything else that's high but Jamie challenged me to close with En Vogue's 'Don't Let Go.'  I do love singing that song and Jamie promised me she would sing 'Holding Out For a Hero' if I sang it.  She did a great job on the song and both Sean and I dusted off our dancing shoes for some 80's style dancing going on!  Sean did a great job on 'Walking in Memphis' and Marcus had fun with singing some Neil Diamond.  Before I closed out the night Jamie sang DHT's cover version of 'Listen To Your Heart' and we'll have to do a little Roxette super-set next week :)
Karaoke Celebrations
Overall, I think we all had a lot of fun as a small group of Karaoke singers that got to sing a bunch throughout the night, celebrate and take shots as well as dancing our butts off and playing a little Air Guitar and Air Piano.  I look forward to more Karaoke nights like last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment