Thursday, April 5, 2012

Anniversaries & Eggs

Wednesday was my 1 Year Anniversary of Hosting Karaoke at Gabe's!  On St. Patrick's Day 2011 I went into Gabe's with Carolyn and Matt and while hanging out, Amy, the Bartender, asked Carolyn if she knew anyone that could host Karaoke, and Carolyn said I should do it.  I laughed, because I had never Hosted Karaoke and had no idea what I was doing.  Even if I go to Karaoke, this would be totally different.  Amy said the other Karaoke Host would train me, and I would just fill in and work on occasion, and the rest is History!

We had a good night at Gabe's as I walked into a very busy bar.  The rotation was pretty short, but everyone was very excited to sing and everyone was a really good singer so that was refreshing as well.  One of the girls that was singing even offered to buy me a drink, which was very sweet of her.  I opened with a Pat Benatar song because I know I opened my first show with Benatar song because I always felt comfortable with her music, and I'm so proud of how much I've grown in the past year, spanning genre's and trying new artists that fit me even better.  My new song of the night was Jewel's 'Don't' which is one of my favorite song's of hers.  It was a great night of Karaoke and a perfect way to celebrate my 1 Year Anniversary!

Since I had the afternoon off after a busy week I got caught up on some e-mails and Castings and also watched some 'Celebrity Apprentice' which I actually really enjoy.  I like that they're showing all the aspects of the show, not just the business end, but the creative parts like graphic design, product development and advertising.  Of course, there's always drama in reality tv, and this show is no different since this season is all reality tv stars.  I'm not going to lie, I've been getting choked up every time the contestants present a check to their charity; it's just such a feel good moment!  I never thought I would like the show, but I'm certainly getting sucked in to it!

One of my little guys :)
Later, when I was hanging out at home tonight, I heard Colin come in to the apartment and Jess get very excited, and she told me I had to come out and see why.  Colin had gotten all the fixings to Dye Easter Eggs!  While Jess made dinner, we got everything ready, and after a very yummy meal got started on our eggs.  I haven't dyed eggs in a few years, but used to do it with my Mom every year on Good Friday after Church and it was always so much fun.  The longer you let the eggs sit in the dye, the deeper the color you got.  My Mom always made the prettiest ones :)  So here the 3 of us adults sat with dye and eggs surrounding us, glitter, stickers, egg holders, and the wax pencil.  We got started one by one and before we knew it, our dozen eggs were chilling and drying, an array of colors, with Colin mixing the dye to make the perfect color for his last egg.  (Which resembled more of an acorn, right Jess?)  After the eggs were dried we put some stickers on them along with glitter.  I believe Jess is going to make Deviled Eggs this weekend after we've enjoyed them!

Happy Early Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment