Sunday, April 8, 2012

Benjamin Banks!!

What an absolutely gorgeous week here in LA.  I went on a run on Thursday afternoon and even picked some Jasmine on my way back and it's been filling our apartment with a beautiful scent!

Today was in the 80's and as soon as I realized that, I was on my way down to the pool to get some sun.  It was actually so hot I was only able to bask in the sunlight for an hour.  I'm definitely not a laying out person, I get bored so easily.  I would much rather be swimming or playing a sport and just being outside in the beautiful weather, but just laying there or reading a magazine makes the minutes feel like hours to me.  Perhaps that is odd...but can you blame a girl whose parents took her to Wisconsin Dells every Summer and had a mini pool outside our house, a sprinkler, and a swing set, and would take outdoor swimming lessons, and I had a killer tan because I was playing the whole time!  Thanks Mom & Dad!

Benjamin and I getting to know each other!
This afternoon I went over to Ashley's to see her new pet Piggy, Benjamin Banks!  He just got to LA yesterday, all the way from Texas!  He was very active, playing with some of his toys, and smelling everything.  Once Ash gave me some Oats he came right over and eventually even nuzzled my face...that's when I fell in love.  He's basically already potty-trained, (Yay Ash) and just plays, sleeps, and eats all day long.  He's definitely going to put on his 3 pounds quickly ;)  He's just so tiny and cute, and makes cute noises, and yawns!  I can't wait to see him again soon.

Tonight I went into Gabe's to visit Johnny at Karaoke because he'll come in every once in a while to sing on my nights.  It was kind of a weird vibe in the bar, and as I talked to Debbie, she said it's always like that, I just don't notice it when I'm working.  Well, that's absolutely true.  I opened with Shania Twain and then sang Fontella Bass' 'Rescue Me,' which I haven't sang in forever!  Hopefully, some people that were in on Saturday will stop by on a Wednesday.   I did stay until just after Midnight so Andy bought me a shot since I can now drink Hard Alcohol again...yay for 47 days of Lent!  That Strawberry Lemonade shot tasted so delicious, I had to sip it, just to enjoy it :)

As I predicted, I don't think I'm going to feel so good on Monday...can't wait to eat all sorts of fun stuff on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment