Thursday, April 19, 2012

What's for Dinner? Part 7.

Made Dinner last night before Karaoke and needed something quick and easy so I threw a bunch of vegetables together with some pasta and came up with a light, fresh, and simple meal that took just 15 minutes to make!

What you'll need for tonight's 'What's for Dinner?'
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Roma Tomato
1 handful of Mushrooms
Half an Orange Pepper
1/3 Cup Onion
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar 
2 Tbsp Goat Cheese
Sprinkle of Parmesan
1 and 1/4 Cups Farfalle Pasta 
8 Ravioli's

I got started boiling my water and chopping all my vegetables, then threw the pasta into the water, waiting until it was almost all the way cooked before I threw my ravioli's in.  I like to add a filled pasta to regular pasta for a little extra flavor and kick.  While my pasta was cooking I had heated up the oil in a saucepan with garlic and then added in my onions and pepper and let that cook for about 5 minutes, then I put in my tomato and mushrooms along with the balsamic vinegar.  When my pasta was finished I added that into my vegetable sauce mixture along with the goat cheese that melted easily together.  It made a really light cream sauce that was heavy on vegetables and super healthy.  I sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top and had 2 bowlfuls of pasta to enjoy before work!

Pasta is always one of my favorite dishes to make and I like putting my own ideas together to try new things, and I like to keep it light and healthy but really delicious without skimping on flavor or cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment