Friday, April 13, 2012

What's for Lunch?

Since Jess, Colin, and I had Colored Easter Eggs last week, I had a few hard-boiled eggs left so I decided to make my own Egg Salad.  I had no idea what was supposed to be in it, aside from Mayo so I put my own little spin on it making it simple and delicious!

The Easiest Egg Salad
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 Tbsp Mayo with Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Honey Goat Cheese
Pepper

Lunch & The Jersey Shore Reunion
After I had peeled the shells off the eggs I broke them apart and started mashing them, then added in the Mayo with Olive Oil (lower in fat and calories than regular mayo) and mixed that up.  Then I added in some Goat Cheese because when I make a sandwich, I always want cheese on it, so I figured it would be fun to add cheese into the Egg Salad, then I seasoned it with pepper.  This recipe would make one really huge sandwich, or two regular sandwiches.  I spread it onto some bread and put some fresh roma tomatoes and arugula on top.  The sandwich felt really light, and the egg salad was creamy and just the right consistency!  I'll definitely make this again :)

*Don't mind the blue in the egg salad, when I'm dyeing my eggs, I like to make mine really bright, so those babies were neon blue and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment