Thursday, April 19, 2012

Isn't it ironic?

My busy weekend only kick-started this week for me, as it's already been crazy and today is my only day where I don't have plans or work, so I'm excited for a low-key and relaxing day!

On Monday night, Trista was throwing a Birthday Party for Dale at Federal Bar in North Hollywood, where a bunch of our friends were getting together to celebrate, eat, and drink, and have fun!  I was so excited to catch up with Thi because she's been traveling for the past couple of weeks and will be gone at the end of May to work on a show in New York!  There was even a live band playing music for most of the night.  We took plenty of pictures and caught up with everyone...when's the next game night!?  I ended up drinking this Blueberry Beer, it's regular beer but has a blueberry after-taste.  I've found that after not drinking hard alcohol over Lent, I'm actually more apt to choose a beer over a cocktail, which is kind of interesting.  It was a really fun night with good people and even a few rounds of 'Bomb'!
Thi, Lyndsey, and Trista at Federal Bar!
After my incredible run and work-out on Tuesday I met up with a friend from Wisconsin who lives in LA now.  We used to work at the same Golf Course/Restaurant back home!  Renee and I met up at Rocco's for Happy Hour and chatted about the craziness we have both encountered while living here in LA!

Then last night I had Karaoke at Gabe's.  It's been starting late the past couple of weeks because no one has been there to sing, and it stayed slow for most of the night until after 11:30 and then a bunch of people showed up to!  It made the rest of the night fly by and before I knew it, it was 1:15 am and I had to start shutting down.  We haven't gone that late in a while either.  My new song of the night was Alanis Morisette's 'Ironic,' which was fun.  I know that I danced to an Alanis song back in the day for my dance class when I was taking lessons from the age of 7 to 17 but I can't remember which one it was.  We had lots of energy at the end of the night at Karaoke and lots of Duets and Beatles songs, so overall, it was a really good night, that got off to a slow start but ended strong!

After today the rest of the week and weekend is going to fly by, lots of plans with friends, and some work too...but hopefully some fun in the sun as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment