Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April Fools & Blues

Sunday started the month of April and what a gorgeous day it was!  It had rained on Saturday night so it was a beautiful, clear, but breezy day, so of course, I took a nice long walk around the neighborhood, once again, heading up a major hill on Palms Blvd that takes me to an amazing view of all of LA and even the Hollywood sign.  The sky was such a beautiful shade of blue with just two big clouds over parts of the city.  Along with enjoying the view I chatted with my Wolfdog, Andrea, about her upcoming Housewarming Party next weekend.  Exciting!

My Mom had called me earlier giving me this story about Facebook and accidentally adding someone and not realizing it, and I started to get frustrated as to why she would add this random person when she yelled out April Fool's and started laughing. I didn't think it was funny but had to give her props for actually fooling me.  I tried to play a little joke later and mine didn't go over so well.  Well, ya win some, ya lose some.  I remember a couple years ago I told my Mom they had fired me from my job because of something ridiculous and I had her going for a while, so I suppose this was probably payback.

That evening I met up with a couple friends at Mom's Bar in West LA where Nick, my old Manager from Saint's & Sinner's works.  We had a mini S&S reunion including Canadian Carrie!  We all went in for Karaoke but apparently that quit a couple weeks ago, and has been replaced with Ping Pong.  Really?  I've got one more week until Easter, so less than 7 days till I can drink shots with my friends or have some french fries and I feel like I've really been tested this past week!  So soon...

On Monday I kicked off the week with a crazy Yoga Work-out with an emphasis on opening and stretching your hips to improve flexibility and flow.  Over 75 minutes later my legs felt like jelly but it was such a great breathing exercise and vinyasa.  I just hope I won't be too sore tomorrow for my run!

Of course, the March Madness Championship game was on Monday night as well.  University of Kentucky vs Kansas.  Both blue teams but I was cheering on Big Blue as I had picked them to win my bracket and I have been a fan of Cheerleading Team for the past 10 years as they were always the best and performed amazing!  I got together with some friends at Bru Haus and got to see some of the old Cabo Crew so that was nice.   My crew was cheering on Kansas so I was the Lone Ranger being a Kentucky fun and happy I was because Kentucky won.  The game wasn't all that exciting, until the end when Kansas started coming back, but couldn't overtake the powerful Wildcats!  And my Kansas boys were definitely feeling the blues after that game.  Sorry Boys...there's always next year ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment