Thursday, March 8, 2012

80's Rehearsal

I'm always glad when I can start my week off with something creative, and it was great to have an Audition on Monday and continue to keep the groove going with Rehearsal on Tuesday!

Neil's going to be playing an Acoustic 80's Cover Song's Show at Universal Bar & Grill in North Hollywood on Friday.  He had his own rehearsal on Monday Night when he played a set at Skinny's, and has informed me I will be singing a couple songs with him at his show on Friday Night.  We sang together in November for his first show at The Good Hurt, and it was so exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time!

On Tuesday we rehearsed a few songs and listened to some music.  I love the 80's, personally, I think the best music came out then...well-written songs, rock and roll, passion, and there was something for everyone, not to mention, totally danceable and with-standing the test of time as a lot of those songs are still popular now!  Now I can't say what we're singing because it's a surprise for Friday, and I don't even know the rest of Neil's set, because it's supposed to be a surprise for me, so I'm really looking forward and excited about the show!  Lucky for me, I know a lot of 80's songs, so the songs we're singing were some of my personal favorites :)  I even pulled out a tambourine at one point, and added to one of the songs!  To be perfectly honest, rhythm isn't my strong point, and I played the piano, so I don't know why that is, but apparently, practice helps, and if that song stays in the set, I'll be rocking out with my tambourine!

We'll have another rehearsal later this week, because I want to feel comfortable with the songs.  It's amazing how at Karaoke, I can feel confident with the songs, but once I get in front of an unknown audience in a different setting, my nerves creep back in.  I'm a firm believer in, if you're not nervous, then it's not worth it!  It keeps you on your toes, and makes sure you're prepared for anything!  (I actually used to shake before and after every time I sang the National Anthem at Sporting Events at Winona, but not while I was doing it, it was weird, but I expected it.)  Nowadays, I get nervous right away, but usually everything fades and I completely forget where I'm at and just get into the groove, and that's the way I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment