Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's a Leap Year

I finally figured out the details for my headshots and they are currently off to the printers, and I'll get to see the proofs later today!  I've used Prints Charmin' the past couple times I have gotten headshots.  They are super friendly and work with you to get the best quality photo to make sure you're completely satisfied with the finished product.  They have tons of options and offer other products like post cards, business cards, etc.  Not to mention, they're really affordable and have two locations, one in Culver City/West LA and the other in Studio City.  I have been looking into going to a couple casting workshops in the next month and can be proud now when I bring my headshots in for the Casting Directors to look at.  Both headshots have such a different feel and look to them, so I'm glad that there's range.  HOORAY for new headshots!  This is my Theatrical Headshot I will be using.  CW...give me a call ;)

We had an extra day yesterday for Leap Year, and the whole day was just kind of weird and off.  Starting at midnight and continuing throughout the day.  Perhaps it was the loss of Davy Jones...perhaps it was an odd day for others...perhaps I was in my own little world.  At any rate, I was glad to have Karaoke that night! 

We got started a little late because of the Laker Game, but had plenty of singers ready to share their voice!  Lucky for me, I had a visit from my Saint's & Sinner's family, and was able to catch up with some good friends.  We had a bunch of new singers in as well, and hopefully, we'll get some new regulars in the bar that enjoy singing!  Marcus has been approaching me about singing, 'I Got You Babe,' but doing the Reggae version; I had never even heard it, but was feeling adventurous so we tried UB40's version featuring Chrissy Hynde.  It was really low for me, but had a fun vibe to it.  My other new song of the evening was Whitney Houston's 'How Will I Know,' which went surprisingly well.  To top it all off, Carolyn and I ended the night with a little 'Grease' Super-Set!

Everyone at the bar last night was ordering Chicken Fingers and French Fries, and the aroma was just filling the room.  I wanted a french fry so bad, but with Lent right now, I can't eat it because it's junk food; but boy, were they tempting!  I've been doing really well with the no hard alcohol challenge.  No shots even when I could use one, and I'm drinking beer, which is also a different change of pace.  Normally, I drink beer with Sprite, and since I also gave up Soda, I can't do that, so I've been drinking Blue Moon's with a splash of Orange Juice and a Lemon.  SOOOOOOO good!  Less than 40 days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment