Friday, March 23, 2012

Thi & Ting Tings

A very T filled day...literally :)

This afternoon my girlfriend, Thi, picked me up in her brand new Mini Cooper and we had lunch at Tender Greens in Culver City and caught up!  She's been in Alaska working on a show there for a few months, so I was so glad to have her back in LA before she's off to NY to work on another show.  Tender Greens is one of our favorite spots, super healthy, super yummy, and perfect outdoor seating, even if a tree tried to attack me.  Of course I'm going to describe my meal...Perfectly cooked Prawns on a bed of Arugula and Butter Lettuce in a Lemon Vinaigrette, with carrots and Parmesan cheese.  Absolutely amazing, and our conversation was as well!

Even though March Madness is going on, and I'm actually doing fairly well, I could only watch bits and pieces of the game since I found a UCA Cheerleading Championship on ESPN 2.  I found myself cheering and getting excited for the teams (since they're practically all the same teams that are in the March Madness play-offs, I didn't feel too guilty).  I even found myself getting nervous if stunts weren't hitting, or someone got off balance.  I miss Cheerleading so much and I remember when our Winona State Cheerleading Team went to Nationals in Florida, two years in a row.  We had such a blast, and it's so neat competing on that stage!

Then tonight, Morgan and I went to The Mayan in Downtown LA to see The Ting Tings in concert.  We got there a little after 9:30 and they started shortly after 10 pm.  We got to check out the whole venue, and decided to sit in the balcony area because you could see the whole stage, even though we could have been down in front in the standing room.  We couldn't bring our drinks there though, so to the balcony it was.  The show was good.  I've never seen them before, and only knew a couple songs by them, but they were interesting and unique.  Since it's only the two of them, I was really impressed by their sound.  The guy would be playing the guitar, and then go back and play the drums.  She would be playing a small piano, and then put on a guitar and sing.  She did change guitars through the whole show, which was kind of distracting, but overall it was pretty good.  Morgan and I were mostly excited for the popular songs, but glad to be spending some time together and catching up as well!  The concert only lasted a little over an hour which was kind of a bummer, but neither of us knew what to expect, so we didn't mind heading out early and getting home before midnight.  And boy oh boy, did both of us want Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs when we left...they smelled so darn good!  Thank goodness Lent only goes for another couple of weeks!
Mayan Theatre for The Ting Tings with Morgan!
Lucky for me, my week's been off to a great start, and is taking stride...

No comments:

Post a Comment