Thursday, March 8, 2012

Experimental Songs & Fitness Demo's

Had a great time at Karaoke last night and got to see a lot of friends who haven't been in to Karaoke for months so we all had a good time!  I'm doing really well with my no drinking hard alcohol, and because I knew I had an Audition today, I wasn't going to drink anything but water, even though the shots were ready and waiting!

My night was kind of exciting because I was trying songs I hadn't sang in months, or even years.  I've never been a fan of 'Unforgettable' but for some reason, I realized I liked singing it when I tried it about 6 months ago, and I was able to sing it again last night with a different partner; still so much fun!  I also did 'Celebrity Skin' by request for Neil, which I can't even remember the last time I sang that, and 'Sunday Morning' by No Doubt.  My new song of the evening was one by Bon Jovi, and you'll hear more about that after Neil's show on Friday ;)  Neil sang INXS' 'The Devil Inside' which was awesome!  I played that as background music one day at Karaoke and thought it was perfect for Neil, and I was right about that!  Carolyn had some requests as well and even sang Wilson Phillips 'Hold On' for her first time ever!  We all had a blast, and a little family reunion.

Today I got up early, did a few exercises, because I had a Fitness Audition for a Convention next weekend.  The company needs someone to talk about their product and even do some demo's of it, so the job would be perfect for me!  I was glad to hear my new Headshots were ready this morning, so I stopped by Prints Charm'n to pick them up before my Audition in Hollywood. 

I got to the Casting Office and waited for just 2 minutes before I was called in to my Fitness Audition.  I had signed in and looked over a page of information about the product and hoped I had memorized enough of what they needed to hear.  I got to explain a little bit about my work-out regimen for the week, and also about what I'm working on while I work out.  I felt really confident about what I was talking about, and knew I had an energy that was perfect for the audition.  Then the Casting Director asked me a couple questions about the product which I confidently answered with the proper info and terminology.  Overall, I felt great, and like it was a really strong audition for me!  About 10 minutes later I got a call from the Casting Office that sent me out on the Audition asking if I had showed up, which I had, and said it went great, and thanked them for having me in.  Bonus Points!!

I also signed up for a Casting Director Work Shop next weekend, which will be a great opportunity, so the week continues strong and full of creativity!  Let's keep this train going!

No comments:

Post a Comment