Saturday, June 23, 2012

An Audition & Birthday Preparations

On Friday morning, I found out that I had an Audition for an Internet Company that sells all sorts of electronics at discounted prices that afternoon at 5:50 pm.  When I read the break-down, I was going in for the Intern who would be alongside the main actor whose sides were posted on the Audition Notification.

I wanted to make sure that I got there on time so I left at 4:50 pm, knowing traffic was going to be bad, but I actually ended up making it there at 5:35 pm, putting some money in the meter and walking a couple blocks to the Partizan Offices.  Thank goodness I got there early because when I got up to the Office and signed in, the assistant, who recognized me from my Bud Light Call-Back, gave me the sides.  There were 6 long paragraphs of sides and they wanted everything done, with no board.  I knew there was no way to memorize that in the short amount of time I had so I concentrated on making sure I wasn't doing what every girl was going to walk in the room and do.  I wanted to be different; I wanted to give a fresh perspective; I wanted to be me.  Meggan gave me great advice for an audition a month ago saying, 'keep it conversational.'  So there I sat in the waiting area, reading the info back to Meggan.

At about 6:05 pm (after adding some more time to my meter just in case) I got called into the room.  Karen greeted me and said it was great to see me again.  Then I slated and she said to make my reading unique.  I made sure to keep it positive and upbeat; I didn't want to be a saleswoman, I wanted to be a friend, giving information to another friend.  I made it my own and felt confident as I did the sides.  Something that Joseph Pearlman taught me when I was taking classes with him was to allow the words to come off the page, relax and know you can do it.  You keep the copy at your side and read from it when you need to but make sure to keep eye contact or look into the camera and take your time.  When I was finished they said thank you and I was out the door.  There were at least 10 girls in the room to go after me so I wished them luck and made my way back to my car.

I felt really good about the scene other than wishing I could have gotten the sides that morning so I could have practiced them and actually had them memorized for the audition but I'm sure all the other girls felt the same way.  I guess it keeps it more fair for everyone to be on the same playing field.  I was really glad to have a good audition this week :)

Since it was my Birthday on Tuesday I've made a couple trips to the grocery store, picking things up for the Wine and Game Night and now for the Mimosa Party & BBQ tomorrow.  I picked up some Wine, Champagne and Vodka (the 6 bottle deal at Ralph's is phenomenal, I saved so much money buying six bottles at one time), snacks for the Girl's Night on Tuesday, and now hot dogs, buns, condiments, cupcake stuff, and more Champagne!

I'm really excited for tomorrow!  Last year I did a Mimosa & Pool Party and it was so much fun.  It was very chill but I got to hang out with everyone and enjoy a beautiful day.  That's the plan for tomorrow with the added bonus of a BBQ.  I think I'm going to end up with lots of leftover hot dogs and be BBQ'ing for the next few weeks to go through them all, but I'm sure it's going to be a blast!  One of my favorite things for tomorrow is all the different Mixer's I have for the Mimosa's!  I'm sure I'll write all about it in the blog for my Sunday Birthday Party!

So today, I got everything ready for tomorrow, made cupcakes, frosted them, cleaned out the cooler, and prepped whatever I could get done so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow and just relax with my friends!  It's going to be a sunny and fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment