Sunday, June 10, 2012

Still sore from my Audition Yesterday!

I knew it was coming, I felt it all week long, and then it hit, yesterday morning.  I was sick.  I had a cold, sore throat, felt achy, and it wasn't from drinking the night before, it's been brewing for a week and has finally caught up with me.  I certainly cannot complain about my busy week, as I was going to be going on Audition #5 yesterday afternoon on top of all the craziness throughout the week!  

So I took some medicine in the morning and then after my audition, which totally knocked me on my butt, practically making me fall asleep during Church, and certainly wasn't helping me get out the door to go to Jonathan's going away party in West Hollywood...but I had things to do, and nothing was going to stop me!

The Audition was for a Yoga Fusion Fitness series, basically filming in a classroom setting, for 3 weeks.  I got to the Dance Studio in Culver City and signed in right away.  The second set of girls were already in and I wanted to get in the next group.  As one of the girls walked out after the audition she commented on how hard it was and that her legs were like jello.  It made me a little nervous but I walked into the room with a smile on my face!

There were 4 of us auditioning at a time, and they wanted to see abs, so we got ready and took spaces in front of the mirror.  She started us out in Yogi Squat, then had us raise up about 3 inches so we were squatting but our thighs were parallel to the floor.  That position alone was difficult, then for 2 minutes straight we did different exercises not moving out of the Squat.  My legs were literally burning, the girl next to me unfortunately didn't even make it through that part, and I just smiled through the pain, because it felt like excruciating pain.  We all collapsed to the floor after the exercise and I immediately started stretching because I had no idea what else the audition would bring.  I was relieved to find the next part was a yoga section, showing different poses and our flexibility but with an added dance twist.  That was really fun and I felt great after that section.  The last part of the audition was a dance and strength training part showing off our rhythm.  

When we were done she asked all of us about our availability and brought up sample clothes putting them up to me to see if they looked good with my skin tone and eyes, and then did the same to each of the girls.  There would also be a photo shoot on Monday so that would be fun and exciting too!

That evening was Jonathan's going away party in West Hollywood.  He had told me on Wednesday night that it was Gay Pride Weekend so it was going to be busy.  I had no idea the magnitude of the weekend, as I was driving down Santa Monica Blvd there were thousands of people everywhere.  I've never seen it that busy, even when it's Halloween.  Parking was $20 anywhere, if there were even spaces available, then there was a long line to go through once you parked, and a $20 cover just to get in.  After spending 25 minutes trying to find a place to park, I couldn't do it anymore.  I pulled up to Mickey's, turned on my flashers, and Jonathan came out to say goodbye and give me a hug!  I felt bad because I wanted to hang out but there was no way I would have made it through the crowd even if I did find a parking spot a mile away.  It was great to at least say goodbye :)

I was so excited to get home and relax for the rest of the evening!  Ramen for dinner, some cooking shows, and reading a little 'Hunger Games' before bed...perfection :)

*By the way...I woke up this morning and my legs were sore from the audition yesterday and got worse throughout the day and I work out on a regular basis.  Booking this job would work different muscles and hopefully get me in even better shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment