Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sunday Funday!

Since my Birthday was on a Tuesday this year I wanted to have at least one weekend to celebrate my Birthday with my friends.  Last year I did a Mimosa Party and it was a blast so I decided to do a Mimosa Party and BBQ starting at noon!

As you may have read in my previous blogs I've been prepping for the party all week long, and Sunday morning was no different.  I cleaned out the cooler, and got it ready, filled with ice and champagne, along with our mixer's (Mango, Orange, and Cran-Cherry Juice) and some dips.  I went down to the pool and made sure there were a couple tables and plenty of chairs along with some of the pool chaise's in case anyone wanted to get some sun.

Everyone started arriving around noon, Neil, Morgan, and Kristina...Jess and I had already started with our first Champagne cocktail while we were getting ready.  As we set up all the food, I realized we had so much and was so excited since everything was so different.  Jess had made this amazing Low-Fat Ranch Dip from scratch, Neil had made his famous Shrimp Dip and a Sweet Mustard Dip, and Morgan had brought some Parmesan, Artichoke, and Jalapeno Dip which was incredible.  I will definitely be excited to make that dip in the near future!  (It's been a while since I've written food blogs, so I'll get to some new recipes soon.)  I also had Chips & Salsa, Yellow Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting, a Veggie Tray for Jess' dip, Morgan picked up a giant Chocolate Chip Cookie with 'Happy Birthday Lyndsey' on it (so sweet) and plenty of chips and other snacks to keep everyone satisfied and happy!
Mimosa Birthday Party
We all enjoyed the day, eating good food, having fabulous conversations, getting some sun by the pool, and just hanging out!  Thankfully, Jeff & Danny, along with Brad came by, so Neil wasn't the Lone Ranger and by then, we were getting hungry so Jess & Morgan got to the grill for all the Hot Dogs & Buns I had picked up on Saturday.  Neil had brought some Chicken over as well, and then Carolyn and Matt joined everyone down by the pool too!  Andrea and her friend stopped by as well and since it was getting a little late we talked while sitting in the hot tub.  Neil even brought his guitar and played a little music by the pool for everyone!

It was a great party that went until it was dark outside with awesome people and I was so glad I was able to celebrate with some of my closest friends :)

Now, the night wouldn't be complete without a little Game Night by Travis & Matt's apartment.  So Travis became the liason, with Carolyn & Matt on one team, Neil and I on the other.  We played Trivial Pursuit on the Wii which was super fun!  I've only played Trivial Pursuit a handful of times in my life because it's usually so hard, but this was challenging but fun.  I felt like I learned something but we were all able to laugh and have a good time while we played and no one cared who won or lost!

This was my kind of Sunday Funday!

No comments:

Post a Comment