Sunday, June 3, 2012

Fitness Muppets

On Wednesday I had a Fitness Audition!  I worked with Chako on the Barry's Bootcamp Fitness videos I did years ago and she called to see if I was available for the Wednesday Audition for Body By Jake.  I was really excited to be going to a Fitness Audition and even more happy that Mom was going to be able to come with me since she was visiting this past week.

The Audition was in Brentwood and as we were walking to the building I ran into Anne, whom I worked with on past Barry's Bootcamp videos.  It would be awesome if we could work together again.  She's got great energy is such a positive person.  It was great to see her if even for a few minutes!  When Mom and I got up to the suite I signed in and filled out my paperwork.  There were a few other girls in the waiting area and more walked in as I was filling out my paperwork.  After about 15 minutes Chako came to get 3 of us for the next group and gave me a hug and we were off to the audition room.

Jake was actually sitting in on auditions so we all got to meet him and he was very friendly!  He definitely had a charisma about him.  Then we met the trainer whom I recognized from doing Exercise TV work-outs in the past.  The Audition was performing 3 different exercises, starting with marching in place, then a step bicep curl, squats, and finally a triceps extension using a resistance band that gets clipped through a shoelace hole on your sneakers.  Chako told me earlier in the week that this video was going to be a breeze compared to our Barry videos so I was looking forward to that as well!  There were a few other people in the room watching us as we did the exercises.  We only did them once through with music and were told to show personality and keep the energy high.  After the exercises we took photos and that was it.  I thanked everyone in the room and met Mom out in the lobby.

I definitely felt like the audition went well!  I knew I had a lot of energy, was very smiley and out-going.  Hopefully I'll hear from them this week :)  And if I'm not in this video, something else in the future.  Chako told me they had lots coming up this Summer so finger's crossed!

That evening I hosted Karaoke at Gabe's and Mom accompanied me there as well.  The night got started right away and it ended up being a busy night, lots of friends coming in to visit and meet me my Mom or hang out with us.  There was finally a Double Entendre performance of 'Man or Muppet' which was quite exciting.  There were a few duets, lots of great singers and songs, and even some requests from Mom.  My new song of the night was Linda Ronstadt's 'When Will I Be Loved' which always reminds me of Elisabeth Shue singing that in "Cocktail."  I've actually never heard the verses to it, just the chorus, so it made it entertaining and fun.  I was more excited to sing 'Don't' by Jewel because I know Mom likes that song and I dedicated it to her.  By the time I finished the song she had tears in her eyes, gave me a big hug, and said it was really pretty.  YAY!  Debbie even tried to get my Mom dancing while she sang!  I was glad I had some friends come and visit and we all had a really great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment