Monday, July 30, 2012

I'll be up in the gym just working on my fitness!

Good Morning Monday!  This morning I had an Audition for a Fitness Infomercial in Woodland Hills.  I found out about it a couple days ago so I made sure to cut out the alcohol aside from a couple beers yesterday for the Beer Olympics at Bru Haus (was hoping it would help dehydrate me to accentuate my abs because they were looking for muscle tone) and have been eating really healthy the past week!

The Audition was at 11:20 am so I made sure I left by 10:15 to give myself plenty of time to get there in case there was traffic, find parking, and relax for a second before I went in.  I got there in less than a half hour and after finding the Casting Office, signed in, and filled out my information sheet.  I was the fifth girl there and super early for my Audition but that was great because then it meant I would be out earlier too!  While I was waiting, I read a little of my book, 'Eat Pray Love,' went to the bathroom to do some squats, lunges, and push-ups, and then settled in for a few minutes until it was my turn.

Once I got into the room and greeted everyone, I slated, and then they had me flex my abs and give them my best 'ab muscle pose' and then turn in a circle, pausing to flex, showing them my calves, my back muscles and biceps, and then again in the front.  Apparently, they were looking for something very specific.  On the Audition Notice it said lean and cut but not bulky and all the girls in the waiting area were just that!  Then I did a couple exercises, squats, alternating lunges, and reverse lunges.  And that was it.  In and out in less than five minutes with a thank you and have a nice day!

It's been a few years since my last Fitness Infomercial I did for Barry's Boot Camp but it was such a blast I would love to do another one.  Plus, I'm in better shape now than I was 5 years ago and I'm proud that I've worked so hard to get to this place!  The drive back was pretty quick with just a little bit of traffic but that Valley heat is always a killer on a drive home when your adrenaline is rushing after an Audition.

Of course, my early morning work-out didn't stop me from getting in my normal Monday routine work-out and hitting up the Grocery Store to continue my little health kick!  Although, I just couldn't say no to those 'Baked White Cheddar Cheetos.'  They were just calling my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment