Monday, July 30, 2012

I wonder how many calories I burned hanging picture frames?

I've been on a kick of Organizing since my Mom was in town and helped me clean out my closet, which by the way, all those clothes are still sitting in my hallway in my room.  But there is a perk to that; I keep adding to the pile, so I'll be giving more away and that's a good thing!  And I've been loving my shoe rack that I found by the dumpster that was nearly brand-new looking, so who says you can't find treasure in another gal's trash?!

Today I attacked the wall opposite my bed.  I had about 8 boxes of shoes that I put away and shifted around so all the shoes I wear on a regular basis are under the bed and the rest are stacked in the closet.  Gone from the wall space...YES!  Then I got rid of a bunch of boxes, empty boxes mind you, from my sconces, my votives, clothes boxes, etc.  Why did I hold onto these?!?  I organized the shelf under my TV, got rid of random papers, and also combined a bunch of Birthday Bags from a month and a half ago into one that I will work on putting away later.  Next was taking care of the picture frames!

My idea of having pictures on the walls for the past 11 years has always been taping them up, not hanging them so this evening I decided to FINALLY hang some pictures I had bought frames for months ago.  When I originally got the frames from Michael's, they didn't have the right nails so I had to wait to hang them.  Today I stopped by and picked up special nails that when you nailed them into the wall they were already at a 45 degree angle and had a little hook attached to them.  Yes, I'm a girl and I'd rather have a fool-proof plan than mess something up!

Not too bad for my first time, eh?
I got all excited because I realized there was Math in hanging these frames.  I had 3 different frames, two of which were the same, and the other a little bit smaller so I had to decide how far apart I wanted them, at what height they should be, and how far from the corner of the wall.  After figuring all of that out, I got my pencil and measuring tape out and started making some marks on the wall.  The first one was the most difficult because I was nervous and wanted it to be just right but after getting that one done it became a little easier.  I did end up with my far right one being just an inch lower than the far left one but then I just made up the difference with the middle frame to look like I did it on purpose.  It took me over an hour to hang all three frames but I was proud of myself.

In all honestly, I would much rather be cooking Dinner in the kitchen than hanging a picture frame.  I am perfectly capable of hanging the frame, I'd just rather let my man friend do it and if I was making Dinner, I think he just might be ok with it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment