Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Current Karaoke Guilty Pleasure

I prepared myself for a fun night of Karaoke tonight, and when I got there, Johnny was there thinking he was working.  After a little laugh he ended up staying to hang out and sing since it was a pretty slow night and we all had a good time!

Even though the night wasn't crazy it's always good to have those quiet night's every once in a while.  I opened with Seether's 'Careless Whisper' which was followed up by Johnny and Art singing some new songs.  We took a break to wait for some more Karaoke singers and luckily a couple more came in about a half hour later.  Khad was singing new songs all night, rocking a Kenny G song and trying a Patsy Cline song as well.  Judy sang 'Crazy' by Patsy Cline, and I love that song.  She also did a Bread song, and I remember listening to that band with my Mom back in the day!

My new song of the night was Christina Perri's 'Jar of Hearts' and aside from quieting the bar down and making Rudy tear up, everyone seemed to like it.  I had started to lose my voice tonight so it was a perfect song for my voice and I can't wait to sing the song again.  Johnny followed that up with a Vertical Horizon song, and Debbie sang a bunch of new songs tonight including Teena Marie.  I always like the slower nights because it gives people a chance to try out new material.  Since it was so slow we got to end early and after everyone got their fill of Karaoke I closed out the night with 'Foolish Games.'  I think Jewel is one of my new guilty pleasures to sing :)

Last Sunday I went to a Going Away Party in Santa Monica and after the party everyone was heading over to Gas Lite for Karaoke.  When my friends and I got there later it was pretty packed and even though I signed up, I was on the Maybe List.  I'm not quite sure how they run things there but I'm not a fan of it.  I know everyone talks about how long it usually takes to sing, and that they just have an ok selection of songs but I was fine with Melissa Etheridge's 'I'm the Only One' and I was able to sing right at the end of the night.  It's definitely more of a party environment with people dancing on the dance floor and it's always busy so that's great for them; I just like the comfort and friendliness of Gabe's!

Now, I've got a break from Karaoke for a week and hopefully by next week I'll have my voice back!  Happy Singing Everyone!     

No comments:

Post a Comment