Wednesday, February 8, 2012

3D Mermaids in Bathtubs

Wow...the end of last week and weekend just flew by, so much in fact I'm going to post multiple blogs today because not only was it a busy weekend but a very creative one at that!

Thursday night I was pleasantly surprised with tickets to see 'Beauty and the Beast' in 3D.  I have never seen a 3D movie so it was something new and exciting for me to experience.  I haven't seen this Disney movie in years, but still remembered most of the lines and all of the songs throughout the show.  It's interesting to think how the designers work on a movie that's been on DVD for almost 20 years and how they make it 3D.  Clearly, it's the new 'it' thing as 'Titanic' will be done later this year, (I'm definitely seeing that) as well as 'Star Wars' being worked on as well.  I think the most obvious 3D effects were the weather conditions as there's a ton of rain throughout the movie, which was really neat to see, and of course I loved the snow.  I didn't feel like it was overly done but had some great touches that enhanced an already great Disney movie!  The only negative aspect of the 3D experience was the 3D butter and white cheddar topping I put on my popcorn...I over-did it, and that's hard for me to say!

Friday was an incredibly busy day because I had 2 auditions, errands, and Karaoke later at night.  My first audition was in Sherman Oaks and was for a bank.  Auditioning for the role of a know-it-all wife, I had to sit in a bathtub while blow-drying my hair, and then was allowed to improv on my last line.  I read 3 times and had a great one-liner, where even the Casting Director said, 'Wisconsin, you're funny.'  Even if I don't get the role, that's compliment enough for me!

Then I was off to Santa Monica for my "Little Mermaid" callback.  I got there early and was able to sing two songs, my original audition song, 'Baby Love' was first.  Then I did a scene from the Disney Movie and felt like I was able to show my range because it was a longer scene so I could show different emotions.  When my audition was done, I asked if there was anything else they wanted to see, and could I sing a different song, perhaps one from "Little Mermaid" and they said yes, so I sang 'Part of Your World.'  I felt my call-back was stronger than my audition!

I ran a couple errands and then met up with my friend Khad for a late lunch/early dinner.  He's Vegan, and always introduces me to new places to check out.  I've become a huge fan of Green Peas thanks to him, and haven't been there in months so I was looking forward to it.  Unfortunately, it was closed for renovations, bummer at the time, but exciting for future visits, so we decided on Vegan LA, for which I had never been.  I had an amazing Thai Curry with Vegetables and Grilled Tofu, which was huge and awesome; I was able to take half of it home with me.  I finished my dinner off with Vegan Carrot Cake.  It was a little dense and not as flavorful as I was hoping, but was still good.

After an incredibly busy day I made my way to Gabe's to Host Karaoke.  At Karaoke, Marcus and I decided to play a little game in which we use a word from our previous song to direct us to our next song.  He chose the word 'Dust' so all his songs had 'Dust' in the title.  My original song was 'Don't Stop' by Fleetwood Mac, so I sang 'Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now' by Jefferson Starship which also kept up with my New Year's Resolution, and then chose 'Never Gonna Give You Up,' by Rick Astley, which is one of my favorite 80's songs, and another new song for me.  Overall, it was a busy and very fun night with visits from good friends!


Even after a long day, I missed one of my favorite girls and talked to her till almost 5 am and headed to bed shortly after.  Good thing her boyfriend lives in my building, and it's just a walk down the hallway to bed for me!

I wouldn't change a day like this for the world.  This is what I am in LA for, to pursue my career in Acting and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment