Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dragons, Jersey Shore, Downward Dog, and Music...OH MY!

Oh Monday, the start of the week, and it's going to be busy.  I couldn't be happier!

I headed off to my Audition in Burbank on Monday morning prepared, as a snobby girlfriend, who paraded herself in front of the boys, with a good back-story and everything I needed to rock my audition.  This audition was for '1000 Ways to Die' which I had worked on in 2010, but currently, my episode has yet to air.  I was hoping this time I would be cast, and finally have my Spike TV debut.  After about 10 minutes in the waiting area, I was called in for my audition, which was going to be all improv, and it definitely was!  I looked a little more 'Jersey Shore' than the Casting Director had expected and a quick change was made to my audition, and all my original thoughts and ideas were thrown out the window to be a Reality Star who owned her own Tanning Salon, a-la Snookie.  I think it's weird for my family to think that I could be ethnic looking, as they see me as their 'Little Lyndsey,' who is Irish and German (technically Luxembourg,) while in Hollywood, I could be Middle Eastern like Kim Kardashian, Italian/Spanish looking like Penelope Cruz, the cast of Jersey Shore, or Michelle Rodriguez, and even Jewish, like Mila Kunis or Lizzy Caplan, in which I've heard a reference before.  Needless to say, the quick change flustered me, and I felt like I didn't audition at my best ability.  I am glad to say, it's been a long time since I've felt that way, but frustrated that I was unable to rock the audition like I had planned.

Instead of letting the audition eat away at me all day, I'm lucky it was my day for Yoga.  I went in with a heavy mind and was able to leave a little more at ease with the days events.  After Yoga, I was starving so I went home and cooked up a nice pasta dish and decided on watching 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.'  First off...it took almost an hour to get into the movie for me, which at that point, hit a very graphic turn, and would cause most to turn it off at that point, but sucked me in to find out what was going to happen.  Thank goodness for IMDB, because I was able to follow along on the Plot Analysis, because I felt like the dialogue was very quiet, a little muffled, and hard to understand with the accents, not to mention, all the Swedish names made it confusing as to figure out whom the actors were talking about.  I actually look forward to watching the original movie with the subtitled Swedish.  Overall, I feel it's one of those movies you'll understand and like more as you watch it and more than once, although I think the average person will quickly move on past the graphic scenes as they are terrifying.  I definitely want to see it again, and look forward to the original movie.

So as the day started off rocky, and moved into a peaceful state, and yet again back to a hyper-sensitive state, I went into Venice to see Neil at Trip Bar on Lincoln Blvd.  We got there around 9:30 pm and literally, doubled the amount of people in the only Wine and Beer Bar.  Neil was able to play a full hour set, and while he was overcoming a case of Bronchitis, he rocked it out for a bunch of people that showed up to see him play!  The sound quality in the bar and his vocals were incredible as he played new songs and old, along with a great version of 'More Than a Woman' by the Bee Gee's, and yet finally, my 'Everlong' by the Foo Fighters.  Trip is definitely a great bar to check out local musicians as well as sporting events and new beers!
This weekend literally knocked me out, and I was so glad to crawl into my comfy bed and get a good night's sleep that night...finally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment