Monday, February 13, 2012

Suicide Monkey's, Hot Dog Buns, Meditation & Lemongrass

After a busy week I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend, and it was, in my own way, a version of relaxing ;)

I had gone on a run on Friday afternoon and walked to Trader Joe's and Albertson's to pick up some fresh groceries to make dinner for the weekend.  After a parking fiasco for Neil he decided we needed to do a Happy Hour!  I had some Vodka chilling in the freezer, while I said to pick up some juice since I already had sparkling soda, he being a typical guy, brings a bunch of fruity soda's.  He suggested we make Suicide's, so Suicide Monkey's they were with Passion Fruit Vodka and Strawberry & Grape Soda.  Quite dangerous I might add, and yes, they were delicious.  A little cheese and cracker plate appetizer, a new disc of 'Friends' and Happy Hour it was!  For Dinner, we had a Mushroom and Arugula Salad with a Red Pepper Dressing, and the main course was a Pesto Sausage and Parmesan Angel Hair Pasta.  Yum...it was my kind of night!

On Sunday, Neil and I ventured over to the Topanga Mall, where we shopped for almost 7 hours!  Both of us very happy with the day's purchases and finally settling up with our Christmas gifts.  We had some returns and exchanges to do, but wanted to shop together, because it's more fun that way for all the people we encounter :)  Really.  We settled on a Wine and Turkey Dog night, because classy we are, and of course, watched the Grammy's.  Not one to stray when music has entered our day, we went over to The Casting Office Bar in Studio City where they were doing Karaoke.  There were a couple Whitney Houston Tributes, as expected, and even a performance by me because I can't avoid a good Karaoke bar, especially when I'm NOT the one in charge!  Overall, a very fun, but exhausting day.

A Successful Shopping Trip = New Jeans at Karaoke
I always look forward to my Monday's, because it's become my weekly day of Yoga Practice.  Today was like no other, and for the first time (I think) since I ever started Yoga, I kept my breath flowing in and out perfectly the entire time.  Perhaps it was because we started with a Meditation and I was very focused on a healthy and happy session.  I got outside after the hour-long class, saw it was still light out (yay for the days being longer and it getting closer to Summer), and felt rejuvenated!  I had more energy coming out of class than I did when I went in.  I made a nice big salad and also a veggie quesadilla, which for some reason, tasted really good today!  Minutes after I'd finished Dinner, got a phone call from Carolyn asking to go out for Dinner.  Not one to turn down Dinner and catch up time with a close friend, she picked me up and we went to this great Thai Place on Venice Blvd.  I had called her earlier in the evening because I was craving their Lemongrass Soup, which thankfully, is also one of her favorite items on the menu.  It was just as I remembered it and a perfect compliment to a pot of green tea :)

Certainly, not a bad way to start my week...because we all know what day it is tomorrow, but hopefully, the great beginning is a sign of the week ahead.  Happy Valentine's Day all...and much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment