Tuesday, February 21, 2012

47 Days

Today I had one of those awesome work-outs where you really feel like you worked hard, and know the hard work is paying off.  I suppose it didn't hurt that a couple who was working out at the stairs when I was, asked if I was training for something.  Nope just working hard to look and feel my best :)  Yesterday is my usual Yoga day at Yogaglo, and unfortunately, my class got cancelled, so I did Yoga at home for almost an hour, semi-following a practice that was on On Demand, but also incorporating the poses and techniques I've been doing weekly at Yogaglo.  So this week has started off incredible!

Today is Fat Tuesday aka Mardi Gras aka the day before Ash Wednesday, for us Catholics.  I like to give up something for Lent, and usually I give up Soda, Fast Food, Junk Food, and Candy.  I don't drink a whole lot of soda, or go out for Fast Food that often, or even eat candy that regularly, but when I add them all up, it becomes a challenge.  Subway does not count for junk food, and ordering a Grilled Chicken Salad at McDonald's is acceptable, in my book anyway.

Right now, I'm thinking of adding no hard alcohol, to what I'm giving up.  I'm not saying I'm going to buy a bottle of wine every night, because that's not helping me, but if I feel like a glass of wine or a beer if I'm out watching a sporting event, I'd like to partake in the festivities!  Most people during Lent have one cheat day a week, but since I'm not cutting everything cold turkey, there are no cheat days for me.  I will say this though, any candy I still have in the house is fair game, and I have a little bit of Passion Fruit Vodka left...besides it was Valentine's Day last week, and all that candy was on sale on February 15th.  Maybe I'll just have to eat or drink it all tonight!

So in 47 days I will be craving a Root Beer, having Taco Bell, getting a DiGorno Pizza, eating some Cadbury Cream Eggs, and enjoying a Vodka Tonic.  I'm predicting on April 9th I might be sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment