Thursday, February 16, 2012

*Trust*

Wednesday was my first day of Hosting Karaoke since the tragic loss of the amazing and talented Whitney Houston.  I was hoping for a Tribute Night at Karaoke, but I think everyone was spent from Valentine's Day so the busy night I was hoping to have, was actually pretty mellow.  I'm hoping on Friday I can have a respectable Tribute Night filled with happy people who want to share their voice in honor of Whitney!  I was able to sing 'I'm Your Baby Tonight' which was received well, so at least I could get some love out there!  My new song of the night was a request from the Birthday Boy, Alan, so I sang 'Game of Love' by Michelle Branch.  A had a couple friends came in and kept the crowd entertained, and Jonathan and I sang 'I Got You Babe,' which was actually my first time singing that as well!  I was actually happy to have a rather slow night because it gave me a chance to get out of work early so I could get some sleep for my shoot on Thursday with '1000 Ways to Die.'

I was up ready and raring to go, very excited to be working on a project!  The episode of '1000 Ways to Die' was shooting at a residence in Van Nuys and I actually got there early so I did all my paperwork and then headed over to the wardrobe trailer to figure out my changes for the episode.  It's a fairly busy scene, so I had 6 wardrobe changes.  After that was all set, I went into make-up, and just 15 minutes later, I was all prepped for shooting.  Lucky for all of us with a noon call-time, so we got to have lunch with everyone.  I love my craft service :)  After lunch, the other 2 leads and myself headed back to the trailer to get ready until we were called to set.  We were waiting for a couple hours and then got the sad news that the shoot was cancelled for the day due to unforeseen circumstances.  We all parted ways and are hoping to be called back in to film next week.  Keep those fingers crossed!
  
I know that these things happen all the time, and some of us all hope we don't jinx things by saying 'hey, we're working on this,' or 'we're in this show,' or 'we just booked this commercial,' in fear that something might happen.  I've been cut out of 'The Office' before, gotten so close to booking a commercial, only to hear a couple hours later they went with someone else, and that person was a guy.  It would be easy to be sad and disappointed by all this, and trust me those are the first emotions that hit, but then I realize everything happens for a reason, and there's something bigger and better out there for me, and when the time is right, it will happen for me.  Patience and a lot of trust.  That's all you can believe in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment