Sunday, January 29, 2012

Molly Malone's and a Sunday Stroll

Finally, got to see one of my best friends, Mike Weiss, play at Molly Malone's last night!  The last time I saw him perform he played an Acoustic Show at The Roosevelt Hotel for a Charity Event and while he's been playing all over LA for the past year, I've been working for every single show he has.

So last night was the night!  I got to Molly Malone's in West Hollywood a little before 9 pm and at 9:30, Mike Weiss, and his all star band were rocking the stage!  Words could not express how incredible his performance was, in fact, his CD doesn't even do him justice.  From his powerful and fun lyrics, to the wonderful melodies and beats, his performance was top notch and the best I have ever seen him!
Check out Mike's Music at mikeweissmusic.com
He sang all originals but had to include a cover, of course!  Mike and I have sang Karaoke many a time together, usually 'Cruisin,' but tonight he blew the crowd away with Mika's 'Grace Kelly.'  I can't wait for his next show, and I'll be sitting front row again for sure :)

Today I enjoyed the beautiful 75 degree day here in LA with a nice walk and fresh air.  I love walking in the late afternoon on Sunday's, all the kids playing in the park, open house signs, less traffic, and of course, the beautiful view of Century City & Hollywood from the top of the hill in Mar Vista where I run the stairs.  It's a perfect time for me to reflect on the past week and success of the week ahead.   It's my Sunday Stroll. 

*Click here to check out Mike's music!* www.mikeweissmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment