Saturday, January 28, 2012

Under The Sea

I got back to LA late on Thursday night after my trip to Spokane to shoot for ILF Media and I had an audition on Friday for a Theater Production of 'The Little Mermaid.'  I was really excited for it, because it's being presented as a Children's Musical, using the Stage Production of it, as well as the Disney Movie.

The audition was in Santa Monica and I started off by singing 'Baby Love,' and then did a scene from the movie with the Director reading opposite of me.  S* & I had a great conversation about her company and how she does Children's Productions, also teaches classes and does Children's Parties.  Since I love kids, this is the perfect job for me!  I felt really good about the audition so hopefully I'll get to perform as Ariel for the little ones!!

Last night I headed up to North Hollywood for a Game Night with Dale & Thi and some of their friends.  We played games till after 3 in the morning...and boy did it get intense!  Thi makes the competition fierce and we had two teams ready for the first round of Cranium.  Karen, Dale, and I made a valiant effort but Thi, Jenny, and Jared did all too well with their Creative cards and beat us.  We played Apples to Apples next and it's such a fun game to play with a big group of people who don't know each other very well because it's a guessing game as to what the judge will choose.  Serious or comedy...it's a crap shoot!  Karen won Apples and Apples and shortly after we had 2 new guests.  Megan had come from a party where they played Mafia, which I haven't played since I was in grade school, but was always such a fun group game.  That didn't go over too well with the crew so we went back to Cranium and this time with Megan on our team  we won!  Even with Justin helping out the other team they couldn't compare to our master Humdingers!  We finished off the night with Taboo which got a little crazy, and in our final round we killed it!!  Next thing we know, it's 3:30 in the morning and time for everyone to head home!  Super fun and eventful Game Night!  Who's hosting next?!

The best thing about Game Night with a group of super creative people is how effective the games are at honing in skills that can help us all out in our daily lives, for the actors and creatives of the room, charades, singing or drawing helps us work our brain muscles while the intellectuals can figure out the polygraph questions and use reasoning to figure out the data heads.  Adults playing games...it's like we're all kids again!

No comments:

Post a Comment